Video Files on Forum ×

AP 450 : stuck in silent mode ?

Is this happening through headphones, speakers or both? Disconnect power supply, let sit for awhile, try resetting again. Could be a mechanical/electrical malfunction-most connections inside the Casios are very secure but something inside could have loosened and disconnected, although this is pretty rare. If still nothing, sounds like a job for Casio tech support/repair. if under warranty, might be best to let them deal with it.

If it's a software malfunction, disconnecting power supply for awhile might clear everything, sort of like a "hard reset" in the computer world. I don't think the Casios have internal backup batteries so disconnecting power might clear the caps and ICs that store electricity (and software routines for the Casio operating system code). and can you play the internal sounds with another midi keyboard or a software midi player and do the accompaniment sounds work or is it just in "tone" mode-playing a single tone?  Is there a setting for turning backup on/off? This keeps all settings the same even if you change something. Just a wild guess but could be something temporarily malfunctioning with that setting.

This could also happen if the power supply malfunctions, even a slight bad/intermittent connection could reduce power to the Casio, reduced power means reduced volume levels especially driving speakers through the built-in amp. It happened to me with an older SK Casio-the power supply jack was a little intermittent, and the sound volume would drop until I fixed the power jack. just another thought. Good luck, keep us posted.

• Like 1

I'm sure they'll be able to fix it, I wouldn't think it's a major failure. Let us know here what Casio diagnoses it to be. As someone who has done a fair share of electronic repair myself in an emergency, I'd be curious as to what would have caused this.I have experienced weird audio problems with other keyboards, but these problems have almost always been restorable with a factory "soft" or "hard" reset, such as in computer hardware and software. Could be something as minor as a connection that jiggled loose. Most electronic components now are so reliable, I almost never see a component fail, except for blown fuses, bad capacitors and older backup batteries, but this usually happens over a longer time period and to my knowledge none of the current Casios have backup batteries. Good luck, Casio restored my XW in record time, and it's been perfect ever since. And the PX350, what a beautiful keyboard to play and listen to. I have been able to develop my classical chops all over again with this one!