About the sounds in Casio privia px5s

austwalk89

Hello, Mike. Hopefully you had a great holiday season and having a good day today, good sir.. 

I have been doing extensive research on this great stage piano and i must say that i am very very close to making a purchase. I've watched almost all of your videos and other musician's reviews/ demos on youtube for this keyboard and must say that it is defintiely a winner from what i've seen . 

However, I am curious about if this keyboard offers a "SINE WAVE LEAD" patch with portamento effect? and Does this keyboard have predominately the same sounds and architecture as the Casio XW-P1 like for example the bass sound.. ?

And also, does casio offer a way to upload new "TONES" / "SOUNDS" into the keyboard such as with roland and yamaha like from casio's website?

Hi and welcome to the forums.  I can help some.

Yes, the PX-5s has a sine wave for creating lead tones. 

It has polyphonic portamento.  

The PX-5s does NOT have a monophonic synth mode like the XW synths do.  

The PX-5s has some new samples that are not on the XW-P1. Some of the new samples are in the Pianos, EPs, Basses, harpsichord and many synth waveforms. 

Where the samples are the same, the PX-5s really steps up the synth engine and effects to an entirely new level.  

Upload tones to the PX-5s and XW synths?   :D  Click this forum's DOWNLOADS tab above.   It is loaded with new files from Casio and the user community for both the XW synths and PX-5s.  

• Like 2