So is everyone as excited about the XW-PD1 as I am?

Display Name

Wow - Awesome video. Love the head-to-head laser fight at the end. I see it is unlisted on the Casio site.. How did you find it

Hi Scott just noticed. I've found it while webbing the internet for news and such and found it on a dutch Music instrument webshop site. The one where I bought my PX5S at yay :) . They where also fast to report about the XW PD1 with this video. With NAMM so close I cant snooze around its to exciting now. 

I dunno if it's so much musicianship as it is button pushing and programming.

I love gear as much as the next guy but I don't really think this is real competition for something like the Korg Electribe EMX2.

All things being equal I think I'd rather spend a few more bux and get the Korg...

I will reserve judgement however until I've seen the Casio interfacing with other MIDI gear though.

Gary ;)

Curious about the synth part and the 150 dsp effects does it have one solo synth or two. 

Its not a korg beater that a sure spoiler ahead before NAMM :))

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching videos of it over and over again, and I'm sold. Gonna put this iPhone 6 to work. I'm getting my tax refund this week, so I think I'm going to go ahead and pre-order this week from Kraft Music. They've got some pretty sweet deals that bundle other things with it, and if I just get it now, I won't be scrambling for funds once it's released (in April? Auuggh!!).

I just love that I'm coming back to the Casio family at a time that feels so much like the mid-80s. The combination of creativity in design, price point and pro features feels so much like the good ol' days.

• Like 1

I've been watching videos of it over and over again, and I'm sold. Gonna put this iPhone 6 to work. I'm getting my tax refund this week, so I think I'm going to go ahead and pre-order this week from Kraft Music. They've got some pretty sweet deals that bundle other things with it, and if I just get it now, I won't be scrambling for funds once it's released (in April? Auuggh!!).

I just love that I'm coming back to the Casio family at a time that feels so much like the mid-80s. The combination of creativity in design, price point and pro features feels so much like the good ol' days.

Welcome home!  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All things being equal I think I'd rather spend a few more bux and get the Korg...

)

I agree, I think I will end up spending the hundred extra bucks for the Electribe. That said, I was kind of excited about the XW-PD1 and I am hoping that the local music store here will have one that I can try out before making a final decision...

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard demo's and seen fooks going all out with the Electribe 2 honestly I find the XW sounds better.

Every video passing showing the E2 it sounds utterly dull a few exception here and there on the EDM,

Maybe its the sound programming people do on it still its gone done flat no sparks showing the wow me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...