Video Files on Forum ×

New Casio Music Gear Blog

Is this meant to replace the XWSynth Blog?

http://xwsynth.wordpress.com/

I think Casio is spreading itself too thin with all the social media, the forums, the blogs, the podcasts and facebook.

Seriously it would help if they simply focused on a few key sites and did a better job of indexing them and keeping them up to date.

I'm not crazy about having to look up 7 or 8 different websites everytime I need a bit of info about their gear.

Gary :P

Well I wouldn't know that inasmuch as I am NOT NOR EVER SHALL be on Facebook. :P

And this is exactly the point I'm making.

Casio has all their videos and support links spread out over close to a DOZEN FREAKING SITES!!!!

I'm telling you it's a strain on the old brain cells everytime I try to remember where exactly I saw a bit of info that I need to reference and search blogs, video blogs, forums, etc... ad nauseum.

It's also confusing to old and new users alike.  Is the XWSynth Blog going to stay the way it is?  Are all of its messages going to be transferred to the latest, greatest freaking blog?  :P

Wasn't there a special blog and facebook group opened just for PX-5S users as well?

Seriously Casio, pick a freaking site and stick with it for a change.

Playing musical websites with your customers is just going to piss them off in the long run :angry:

Gary :blink:

• Like 1

Well I wouldn't know that inasmuch as I am NOT NOR EVER SHALL be on Facebook. :P

And this is exactly the point I'm making.

Casio has all their videos and support links spread out over close to a DOZEN FREAKING SITES!!!!

I'm telling you it's a strain on the old brain cells everytime I try to remember where exactly I saw a bit of info that I need to reference and search blogs, video blogs, forums, etc... ad nauseum.

It's also confusing to old and new users alike.  Is the XWSynth Blog going to stay the way it is?  Are all of its messages going to be transferred to the latest, greatest freaking blog?  :P

Gary :blink:

That is so true none have the links to hop to the other it's missing a centralized way to find specific information.

• Like 1

Gary

At least the new blog keeps new info in a place where old stick-in-the-muds  like us don't have to feel like we are being forced to offer up our private information for the likes of Zuckerberg to auction off to the highest bidder in order to get to it.

Scott

I have to agree that Gary does have a point, and perhaps David's question makes that point even more, but what info that is out there scattered about the web is where it is, and it would be an insurmountable task to ever gather it all up and get it into a centralized site.  But, the new blog may have already given us at least a partial answer to Gary's dilemma.  The new blog's "Welcome" message has a link to this forum.  Maybe we need to add a separate section here, similar to Gary's Q&A section, where we can post links to these other major cache's of Casio info that Gary mentions - the XWSYNTH.WORDPRESS.COM site, the Facebook site, the  YouTube site(s), etc - even the Yahoo Casio forums that hold a treasure trove of info and files for the WK-3XXX models.  That would make this site a hub for just about all Casio info - all models - past, present, and future. This would be particularly useful to new comers who have recently purchased used older models and are looking for some kind of support.  If they can find it here, they may well move up to a new model in the near future.

Just some thoughts !

• Like 3

The point of the new blog is to CENTRALIZE information.  The PX-5S and XW blogs will slowly be replaced by this new "Casio Music Gear" blog.  In other words, I'm certain there will be more articles about both the XW and PX-5S but they'll be written on the Casio Music Gear blog.  This blog will also be embedded within our primary USA website for music products -  www.casiomusicgear.com.  The bottom line is this is a place where I can write about a XW-synth, Portable keyboard, Celviano Digital Piano or anything else that comes down the road. 

• Like 2