HT6000

Chas

Picked up another HT6000 last night. At the price it went for on Ebay it was too good a deal to miss. It was probably cheaper buying this than getting my other (dead) HT6000 fixed! Appears to be fully working, battery cover present and battery compartment is as clean as a whistle. Now I have three HT6000's, two working, and one not (spares?!). This should keep me going for a few more years :D

20150112_154040_zps91590ec5.jpg

20150112_154053_zpse5039b01.jpg

20150112_154118_zps27d0ca70.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jealous! Though I just don't have room for anymore big Casios at the moment. Been trying to track down an HT-700, but not having any luck. Although I'm not too thrilled with the stock preset tones, it meets in many ways my definition of the perfect Casio keyboard synth from the time period.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got an HT-3000 for $50 last week, and it's beautiful! Near mint condition, manuals, cover and stand. AND the Casio RA-100 RAM card!!! Unbelievable deal and great sounds. I'm definitely going to pick up some more from the SD series. Thought I'd want the 700 since I love the little ones, but I think I'm going to have to go straight to the HT-6000.

• Like 1

Got an HT-3000 for $50 last week, and it's beautiful! Near mint condition, manuals, cover and stand. AND the Casio RA-100 RAM card!!! Unbelievable deal and great sounds. I'm definitely going to pick up some more from the SD series. Thought I'd want the 700 since I love the little ones, but I think I'm going to have to go straight to the HT-6000.

That is an excellent deal, especially as the RA100 Ram Cards on their own can fetch  £50 (in the UK). It seems weird that you can often get the RA100 card for a bargain if it comes with a keyboard. I got my second RA100 with a mint, boxed HT700. I think I paid approx. £40. I could easily split them and sell them both for that same price each (but I won't, I want to keep them!)

The HT700 is for all intents and purpose a baby HT3000, with mini keys and minus the modulation wheel. They are otherwise identical in features and sound. I like my HT700 purely because it is so accessible and portable, I can just pick it up and plug it in anywhere. Also, I find the smaller HT's sound more analogue than the HT6000, despite having only one oscillator compared with the HT6000's four. Maybe it's because the HT6000 uses its ring modulation a lot, or maybe Casio gave it more 'bell' sounding waveforms as was all the rage with the in vogue FM synthesizers in the 80's.

The other rare model in the range is the HZ600, the 'pro' version. Styled very similar to a Roland Alpha Juno and designed to appeal to those who feel that a 'pro' keyboard shouldn't have built in speakers or drums/ rhythms. Despite the 'pro' tag, it's just an HT3000 minus the speakers and rhythm section and certainly not worth a premium. I have one, but only because it cost £10 and was too good a deal to pass up!

As you already have an HT3000 I would definitely say go for the HT6000 next, as with the 3000 you already have every function available on all the lesser HT's. However, if you find an HT700 for a good price then grab it as its portability makes it so much more fun to use anywhere. One thing to bear in mind though - you cannot swap the RA100 cards between a 6000 and and the lesser HT's, and vice versa. The 6000 has extra functions/ features and uses a different layout on the RA100 (when formatted) to the other HT's. That's why I have 2 x RA100's, one for my 700's and one for my 6000's. The cards will work on any HT/ HZ, but you have to format them first and it will then store data in the format applicable that model. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/9/2015 at 11:00 PM, Chas said:

That is an excellent deal, especially as the RA100 Ram Cards on their own can fetch  £50 (in the UK). It seems weird that you can often get the RA100 card for a bargain if it comes with a keyboard. I got my second RA100 with a mint, boxed HT700. I think I paid approx. £40. I could easily split them and sell them both for that same price each (but I won't, I want to keep them!)

The HT700 is for all intents and purpose a baby HT3000, with mini keys and minus the modulation wheel. They are otherwise identical in features and sound. I like my HT700 purely because it is so accessible and portable, I can just pick it up and plug it in anywhere. Also, I find the smaller HT's sound more analogue than the HT6000, despite having only one oscillator compared with the HT6000's four. Maybe it's because the HT6000 uses its ring modulation a lot, or maybe Casio gave it more 'bell' sounding waveforms as was all the rage with the in vogue FM synthesizers in the 80's.

The other rare model in the range is the HZ600, the 'pro' version. Styled very similar to a Roland Alpha Juno and designed to appeal to those who feel that a 'pro' keyboard shouldn't have built in speakers or drums/ rhythms. Despite the 'pro' tag, it's just an HT3000 minus the speakers and rhythm section and certainly not worth a premium. I have one, but only because it cost £10 and was too good a deal to pass up!

As you already have an HT3000 I would definitely say go for the HT6000 next, as with the 3000 you already have every function available on all the lesser HT's. However, if you find an HT700 for a good price then grab it as its portability makes it so much more fun to use anywhere. One thing to bear in mind though - you cannot swap the RA100 cards between a 6000 and and the lesser HT's, and vice versa. The 6000 has extra functions/ features and uses a different layout on the RA100 (when formatted) to the other HT's. That's why I have 2 x RA100's, one for my 700's and one for my 6000's. The cards will work on any HT/ HZ, but you have to format them first and it will then store data in the format applicable that model. 

If you (ever) decide to part with the HZ600 let me know (UK).

David.