Video Files on Forum ×

SD Card "Play All" Feature

mgg133

Hello, Brand new member here.  I have been secretly lurking in the shadows reading this forum for sometime but decided to come out of the shadows since I have a question for the experts here. 

I purchased a new WK-7500 about last March and love the drawbar sounds and the fact that I can tweak any of the sounds to satisfy my ear.  I have downloaded a bunch of midi songs from midi disk that I have purchased and played over the years in different organs to a SD Card and I play and listen to these quite often.  My question is: As I play the songs after the song is done,  I have to press the + key and the play/start key to advance to the next song.  Which means you can't just sit back and relax and listen to the whole set without getting up and down.  Most of the organs that I've owned had a feature called "Play All" that would play the whole disk and then repeat the whole disk again until you hit the stop button. I have read the manual but I don't see anyway to do this. 

Thanks for your help!

mgg133

NO !  The CTK-7000/WK-7500 keyboards do not have a "PLAY ALL" feature for playing MIDI files.  Apparently the MIDI file player was intended more as a backing track player than as a pure entertainment device.  This is evidenced by the fact that, if local keyboard control (the keybed) is turned OFF, it is automatically turned ON to ensure the ability to "play along", when MIDI file playback is started.

I share your disappointment, as I miss that feature from several of my old Roland Arranger keyboards.  I have both volumes of PG Music's (Band-in-a-Box) "Jazz Pianist" series that each have over 100 exquisite jazz piano selections by top jazz pianists of the time.  My favorites are the selections by Renee Rosnes.  I used to insert the 3 1/2 inch diskette in the keyboard's drive, select the best piano voice, press "PLAY ALL", and settle back for a couple of hours of really fine music.  Ahhh !  Those were the days.

Thanks so much for your response tnicoson,  I am usually pretty quick in reading the manual and capturing how things work but this keyboard is pretty sophisticated with tons of features and a complicated owners manual to go with it!  I was actually wondering as too whether there might be some sort of file that could be added to the SD card that would make it auto advance to the next song.  I had also checked the "Song Sequencer" information for any feature like this and had not found it there either. 

Oh well...I'm still exceedingly happy with this keyboard, maybe this might be a new feature in the Casio WK-7700!

Thanks again for your reply.

mgg133