Video Files on Forum ×

Modulation wheel

powertrader

How do I adjust the modulation wheel on the xw-g1?  I would like to slow the mod rate as well as assign the wheel to cutoff or other controls.

Trying to get the sound of the synth from The Killers Somebody Told me and have seen the MicroKorg easily handle the tone and effects. 

Thanks,

PowerTrader

The modulation wheel itself is not programmable.

However, (in solo synth tones only) the G1 has a feature called a virtual controller.  In tone mode, you can edit virtual control.  This will allow modulation to also control other things such as filter cutoff.  The catch here is that both modulation and cutoff will happen at the same time when adjusting the wheel. You can disable the modulation in the amp LFO depth settings for the tone.  Set them to 0.   Now your mod wheel will trigger only the virtual controller target.  

To reduce the speed of modulation, go to tone edit LFO and reduce the rate.  

When using a solo synth tone, the LFO rate and depth are controllable in real time with the sliders.  Just turn on the total filter/lfo blue light strip.

In performance mode,  knobs 1-4 are programmable.  You can assign a number of things to those in edit>controllers K1 K2 K3 K4.  

• Like 1

Thank you Brad.  I find the user manual very hard to follow.  Guitar player trying to learn how to incorporate the XW into band.  Nice purchase.  I like the synth a lot.  Would love it if I could create MicroKorg type sounds as easy as with that unit.  Sure I can do it when I get to where I know where to go with the controls.

Thanks again!

Geoff (PowerTrader)

• Like 1