Casio PX-150 USB MIDI Issue.

Popa2caps

I'm using a PX-150 with a USB cable to my computer. host software is FL Studio 11 with samples using Kontakt 5.  The issue is when playing live through the computer the samples won't play at sync like every 15th note or so,  The keyboard i upgraded from is a Yamaha DGX 520, and never had issues like this, i even plugged the Yamaha up to see if the issue was there, nope nothing.  It's with the Casio and MIDI to the computer somewhere.  Other things i have tried where, Changing the settings on touch of the keys, It does not do this odd delay on keys on the keyboard on sound, just through MIDI data as i can tell. 

Can anybody help me, i would hate to send this back as i just got this keyboard. 

Notes i learned from this keyboard, I never had to install drivers for the MID at all, more of a plug play. If a keyboard has USB out is there a limit somewhere in specs that shows the data cap? I don't understand why my old Yamaha DGX 520 has no issues with the same cable.

Update my system 

i7 4790k 

Samsung SSD 

Fl Studio 11 

Native Instruments 

kontakt 5 

Gigabyte G1 Sniper Motherboard 

Windows 7 64, all updates

i did not install no driver at all,m i just connected the USB -B type to the keyboard and the USB host side to the computer.  

i recorded 2 files to show this random issue.

https://app.box.com/s/z10f66quhunrbj4lojxohua2mt82gch3

Near the end of both files, sorry forgot to have the compressor after the recording, might be low in volume.

Midiox is very helpful.

Are you using the Casio USB midi driver from the website's downloads section? If you never installed it that might be the problem. My PX350 will not even record a simple track into the computer sequencer unless I use that one. The native Windows usb driver which installs when you plug in a usb to midi or regular usb cable does not work even though it shows up in my DAW in and out designated midi ports.

I just went through this yesterday as I had recorded midi multitracks with other laptops connected to the PX but had not installed the Casio driver in the one I started to use and nothing played or recorded from computer to PX350 and I'm guessing your PX is similar. I remember Mike Martin mentioning why somewhere but I don't remember where I read this. I think it is because there is a newer hi-speed protocol (ot high resolution I think it's called) Casio uses for midi and the Windows drivers aren' t written for it. Could also be a disparity between the clock resolutions in the Casio and the DAW. If you recorded in the Casio sequencer then transferred to DAW if the clocks are different the timing will be off.

Midiox is very helpful.

Are you using the Casio USB midi driver from the website's downloads section? If you never installed it that might be the problem. My PX350 will not even record a simple track into the computer sequencer unless I use that one. The native Windows usb driver which installs when you plug in a usb to midi or regular usb cable does not work even though it shows up in my DAW in and out designated midi ports.

I just went through this yesterday as I had recorded midi multitracks with other laptops connected to the PX but had not installed the Casio driver in the one I started to use and nothing played or recorded from computer to PX350 and I'm guessing your PX is similar. I remember Mike Martin mentioning why somewhere but I don't remember where I read this. I think it is because there is a newer hi-speed protocol (ot high resolution I think it's called) Casio uses for midi and the Windows drivers aren' t written for it. Could also be a disparity between the clock resolutions in the Casio and the DAW. If you recorded in the Casio sequencer then transferred to DAW if the clocks are different the timing will be off.

i'm looking around and i can't seem to find that driver, the issue i have seems to be random, it just sometimes will delay a note when playing fast or from fast to slow. 

https://app.box.com/s/z10f66quhunrbj4lojxohua2mt82gch3

The first file is the note at the end. left hand delay and 2nd file is near the end right hand.