external sampling

I am trying to create samples from Bruno Mars Uptown Funk You Up.  Basically wanting to get the DOO and use my xw-g1 to manipulate the pitch.  There are no wav files on the internet that I can find.  NORD forum has some NSPM files available but that won't work for xw-g1.  Anyone have a way to work around this?  I am so new to sound programming, tried to grab sample off playing the song but it grabs all the song, not just the voice part.

Thanks for any help!

PowerTrader

I am trying to create samples from Bruno Mars Uptown Funk You Up.  Basically wanting to get the DOO and use my xw-g1 to manipulate the pitch.  There are no wav files on the internet that I can find.  NORD forum has some NSPM files available but that won't work for xw-g1.  Anyone have a way to work around this?  I am so new to sound programming, tried to grab sample off playing the song but it grabs all the song, not just the voice part.

Thanks for any help!

PowerTrader

Hi PT: All you want is the instrumental of the song- there are plenty on you tube (search Bruno Mars Funk You Up instrumental). You can use Tube Catcher   |  http://www.atube.me/video/  |  to download it into the file format you want (it will download to a bunch of video AND audio-only formats). Choose .wav and hit download and you are done.

Remember that this is all fine for personal use but if you want to distribute in any way you need to get clearance.  The exception is if it falls under fair use.  Have fun sampling!

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed answers to my question here.  Thank you all for your support.  Back working on it.  I have the Acapella wav file and am trying to get the purest sample to convert.  May have further questions.  If anyone needs the Acappela or instrumental only files I can post them.  Thanks again!

Geoff (PowerTrader)