Video Files on Forum ×

Audio/line in issue

Robert Gagne

SYSTEM SETTINGS ---- COMPRESSOR ----> ON/OFF 

Well I am having difficulty finding this on the PX as well.....I just went through all the available settings under the Sys Setting button, and found no reference to Compressor....If I go under the Edit button and navigate to the Master Effect Edit section I can get to the compressor but there is no on/off tab, other settings yes, but no on/off? 

However using the PC editor I can find a simple on/off using the System tab (far right) it is there. But it cannot be found on the PX-5 itself as I wrote above.

I turned off the compressor with no result. But upon further testing, I've discovered that the "audio in" signal is affected by the changes that I make in the EQ settings of my stage settings. So how can I get the incoming signal to bypass the EQ?

You can't... Look at the signal path diagram in the manual, this is also the cause for the "noise gate" effect which is causing problems to effectively use the audio input in many circumstances (there is discussion on this problem in this forum here )

Theoretically to turn off the Compressor you should set the threshold to 0, but that doesn't seem to fix the "noise gate issue" actually (as I and other users have tried and observed)

You can't... Look at the signal path diagram in the manual, this is also the cause for the "noise gate" effect which is causing problems to effectively use the audio input in many circumstances (there is discussion on this problem in this forum here )

Theoretically to turn off the Compressor you should set the threshold to 0, but that doesn't seem to fix the "noise gate issue" actually (as I and other users have tried and observed)

Thank you pianomax.

I can't believe what I'm reading, this basically renders these inputs almost useless. And one of the reasons that influenced my decision to buy the PX-5S was that it has an audio in and a line in which I thought, as other members have written, would eliminate the need of a mixer with my audio interface, bummer :(. Also judging by Mike Martin's reply going back to Aug. 2013, this issue is not about to be resolved.

Well, it's time to pull out the old Yamaha mixer.

Btw, I did extensively search the site for a forum addressing this issue before starting a new topic. It just didn't occur to me to look under filters.

Thanks again.