Video Files on Forum ×

How do I reload my save stage settings from my USB drive to my Privia px5s

usnoozeulose

Hello, I am new to this forum. I did an update on my firmware and saved my stage settings on a USB drive. But, I initiate all and now I don't know how to reload my saved stage settings from my USB drive. I see it when I put the usb drive in my computer. But I don't know how to transfer them back into my privia px5s. Please help. 

One of the reasons I moved this thread besides my obsession with organization :) is that the instructions for loading Stage Settings are in this topic area, either here or in the downloads topic.

For individual Stage Settings see here -> http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4778-tutorial-how-to-install-px-5s-downloaded-files/

For an ALL file see here here -> http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/6324-px-5s-updated-all-file/

• Like 1

Hello, I am new to this forum. I did an update on my firmware and saved my stage settings on a USB drive. But, I initiate all and now I don't know how to reload my saved stage settings from my USB drive. I see it when I put the usb drive in my computer. But I don't know how to transfer them back into my privia px5s. Please help. 

This is easily done when using the Data Editor.  Two steps:

1. Using Windows Explorer, copy the ZPF file from the USB to the PC - preferably on the folder that opens up when you click on the Open File button on the Data Editor. 

1.1 You will also need to copy ZLT files that is associated with your Stage Settings - if you also modified Tones, Hex or Drums associated with your Stage Setting.

2. After copying the file(s), using the Data Editor, select the Stage Setting (ex. 3-2 No Change) of the actual Stage Setting the you modified/changed.

2.1 Click on the Open File button and load your Stage Setting.  Important: Wait for the data to be loaded completely.

2.2 Click on the ROM button to write the Stage Settings to your PX-5S.

2.3 If you still see the exclamation point (!) before the Stage Setting number (ex. !3-2); you need to Write it to the PX-5S.  Press the Write button and follow prompts in PX-5S.

Sanity check: I've never done tone editing before I bought the PX-5S and I always get crazy with the settings that I end messing things up.  I use the Initialize All to restore all the settings and use the Data Editor to load my saved Stage Settings.