Lk-270 songs on SD card

Marc01

Hello ,

I have a Casio LK -270 and I can not load a song that is in the music dat file on the SD card. Every time I put the sd card in the reader , the keyboard shows me No File . My song is in MP3 format, so I do not understand why the keyboard is not able to read the song I put on sd card ?

The LK-270 can only play songs from the SD Card that were recorded on it or on another LK model.  These are MIDI files.  It can not load or play audio (WAV, MP3, AIFF, etc) files from the SD Card.  If you want to play audio files through the LK-270's speakers, you can connect the line-out or phones jack of an MP-3, or similar, player to the Audio In jack on the back of the keyboard with an appropriate cable (and adapter, if necessary).  See Pages 18 and 62 of the manual.

The LK-280 manual is very specific about its ability to play Standard MIDI Files (SMF) copied to the MUSICDAT folder of the SD Card by a computer.  These would be files with a ".mid" file extension.  The LK-270 manual is not very clear about this at all.  I get the impression that it can not, but it would certainly be worth a try, if you are interested.