Video Files on Forum ×

Don't understand the inst.ext....with mpc element sampler

JMA

Hi all.

I just had a sampler mpc element,and I connect my pc,it work with a software,on the inst.ext. from xw-p1.But the sound ,I just saw it after,is not in stereo.I have two question:

-what does control the ints,ext (I talk about the trigger number 5 of the guide)

-what should I do for have a stereo sampler AND stereo xw-p1

I'd like to record ,both in the same time on a recorder BOSS BR900CD,in stereo.

What do I need for this?

Do I need to buy something else ?

Thank you very much.

Sorry,I see.

The recorder,in stereo,I have to use the line mic.It's a conector small jack to small jack.What I like to do, is to records in the same time the sampler and the XW.I'm not sure but,my english is bat,should I buy something to connect the both.I mean the sampler(pc) and the synthe.

Hi JMA and Scott, I'm online for awhile-with the Boss recorder do you have enough input jacks to connect the XW on one stereo channel and the sampler to another? If you do, all you have to do is arm the recording tracks in the Boss for both inputs coming from the sampler and the XW and record. If you only have 2 inputs in your recorder (I'm not completely familiar with the BR900 but I have recorded with the Roland VS840, the VS-890 and 880 series and these have enough inputs to connect several stereo sources) you will have to combine both signals coming out of your XW and sampler with something more than Y jacks.

The Y jacks may work (you will have to get all the right adapters you need to do this which depends upon your Boss input jacks and what your sampler is using for outputs- usually are 1/4" standard phone plug cables.

If you connect 2 different stereo audio outputs from 2 different sources (the XW and the sampler) you must keep these electronically "separate" with some kind of mixer which can mix down 2 sets of stereo signals-4 connectors in all-into 2 stereo ouputs. Otherwise the output sounds or signals will be distorted or "mismatched' and won't record very well if at all. I think this is what you want to do? If so, you may have to get a second small audio mixer to connect to the Boss recorder. I have one very small mixing "box" that does just that made by NADY. You would still have to get cables or adapters to match. This is it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nady-MM-242-4-Channel-Mini-Mixer-LN-/191495403995?pt=US_Live_Studio_Mixers&hash=item2c9603f9db

It has 8 seperate 1/4" audio in jacks with 8 separate level controls, and one stereo output which can connect to a bigger mixing console or any other recorder. This keeps the signals "separate" electronically and mixes down into 2 stereo outputs you would need to record into your Boss recorder. and you can adjust levels for each. Check on eBay, these are still available.

• Like 1

You might want to look at the Behringer UB502 Eurorack. Little more expensive than the NADY but has a little more felxibility. Gives you 2 full stereo inputs with eq settings and a stereo output, very small desktop mixer. Several available on e***y and elsewhere. I've used Behringer small footprint mixers and these are decent quality for the money. I've looked over the BR900. It only has 2 recordable physical  inputs that can be routed to whatever track you want. You will need more inputs to get 2 full stereo devices recorded into one stereo output.

• Like 1

hello jokeyman and thank you

If I understand , I connect the pc,and the keyboard on the beringher,then I connect it to the recorder.

I saw also the ALTO ZMX52.A bit more expensive but it's ok.

Is ALTO a good things ?

Look a bit better.I know nothing before I had a keyboard except bass guitar.

:)

Glad I could help. Sorry Scott if i stepped on your toes-guess I get a little too carried away here sometimes.

The Alto looks very nice-probably pretty much same specs, I'm sure either will do the trick. Just a matter of personal preference I think. Both have 2 pairs of inputs for stereo. I used a small Behringer 4-channel for quite awhile and was very happy with it but the Altos looks very solid too. My brother and I both play bass-although I'm not as active on bass (more keyboards/drums) he is having an active professional career playing the Jersey shore scene-many parts of the Jersey shore around Asbury Park still have a very active live music scene-the Stone Pony is still open and many others. My brother showed me Clarence Clemons house in Neptune where the E Street band started rehearsing years ago. Southside Johnny still plays there once in awhile.  if you ever get a chance to visit that area, alot of really good live bands around. Also nearer me-Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (old steel-manufacturing town) is being revitalized and there are some serious music venues there-good showcases for jazz, blues, folk and rock bands.