How to keep voices when switching patterns in Performance Mode?

Micky B

HI...

When I switch patterns while in Performance Mode, the voices that I'm playing, eg, bass in left hand and piano in right hand, they change to different voices with different zone settings and everything; how do I copy the zone settings from one pattern to another without having to go through the whole voice setup procedure again for each of the 8 patterns in a Performance?

Thanks.

A little clarification for Casio "thinkspeak".

When you are in performance mode, there can be 4 "parts" or zones, each zone consisting a specific tone, key range etc. as on most workstation keyboards. So you can create splits, layers or even different "triggers" on each zone for attaching an automatic "phrase" when you play that zone-or a full "sequence" that you have already created as a sequencer program, or using one of the Casio preset sequence programs. But only when you are in "sequencer" mode can you create or play "patterns" which are (or will be if you are creating these  yourself) programmed to the 8 rubber pattern buttons. Now if you have recorded one "pattern" in step sequencer mode, which can include various tones, drum and percussion settings and the melodies or rhythms you have created in that pattern-that pattern can be easily copied to any of the other patterns, but this must be done in sequencer mode first.

Once all that is done, now you can "attach" (I think I recall this right) that sequence to a "performance" and designate which "zone' in the performance will trigger that sequence to play whenever you play a key in that zone.......in "performance" mode, not sequencer mode. You can play a "phrase" this way too-designate a key or zone in a performance that will trigger whatever phrase you pick. So you could set a performance to have 2 live playable tones, another zone with just one key for example to trigger a phrase, and another key or zone to trigger the sequence you select. Wild stuff capable of some pretty complex music. I'm not sure this answers your question, but if you post back there are many of us here who have pondered these things obviously including me!

Thanks...not sure it totally explains what i'm trying to do.

What I want to end up with is this........A Performance where I can switch between any of the 8 patterns for different drum patterns, but the voices that I physically play on the keyboard stay the same, ie, bass in bottom 2 octaves and piano in top 3 octaves. Do/can I to copy the voices from, say, pattern 1 to the other 7 patterns and then edit the drums on the other patterns, or do I have to set up each pattern individually; or, maybe, I could disconnect the voices that are played from the patterns?

Thanks

• 10 months later...

i think i know what you want to do. maybe. its how ive been fooling around with my xwp1 . i do it in sequence mode.

i first pick my tones and then move over to sequence mode pick the pattern i want to play. i can then roll through the eight patterns and play the tone i have picked along with the sequence patterns.

this is how ive been gettting to know the preprogrammed sequence patterns.

i havent written any of my own yet.

i had to giggle a bit  with the classical sequences but they were fun.

i think performance mode is set up for a larger grouping of sequences and sounds you can create....well its different. im going to have to research it more.