Video Files on Forum ×

New to P1

Kawafuoshi

Hello forum,

My P1 is out for delivery. In some hours I will be back into music making after a 10 year hiatus.

I never have owned a synthesizer but was always fond of them. My goal is to build a small home "organ" system on a budget and the P1 seems a good starting point eventually adding a Hammond style foot pedal and perhaps a second keyboard later on.

My question to get started is: does the board come standard with an a/c adapter included? The product description does not say if it is included or not. Or did you have to purchase it seperately?

Does Midi over USB work? I know it has DIN Midi ports which will suffice for the pedal. But, what if I want to add an expression pedal likewise via Midi? Do I need an extra port (in this case I could use the USB port if Midi is supported via USB). If not, will a Midi-to-USB cable with Midi-thru connections allow to add additional gear?

Anything else I should consider? It was kind of an impulse purchase/order last week and the P1 seems just a great starting point to build it into a system with a variety of sonic possibilities.

I could be mistaken and perhaps be better off with a dedicated Hammond keyboard or a Tyros but cannot see myself shelving $$$ nowadays for music gear.

Once my organ will be complete it will have cost me perhaps $1500 in total. As long as I can connect everything and make it work this way, I am pleased. From youtube I know that the P1 is capable of great sound and that is what counts.

If anybody has some food for thought or objections, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Yes.   AC adapter included.

Yes.  Midi over usb as well as the midi din works

I think you will be very happy with the XW.  During last years NAMM show, I heard that the guys over at the Hammond booth were not happy about the (really good) organ sound coming from a Casio.  

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=xw-p1%20ogran

Thanks BradMZ for your quick reply. That will make it possible then to use it as the center piece. Finally, my Win 8.1 tablet could also see some use hooking it up and run Hauptwerk.

Awesome times ahead.

Has anybody got some experience which expression pedal will work fine? Casio don't seem to offer any.

• 3 weeks later...

So, have been playing around with the P1 a bit. Not yet sure if it is a keeper (for my purposes) or if I should default to a regular keyboard unit a la CTK 7200/7600.

Is there a way to not transmit voice/sound changes via Midi when connected and if I want to play with the stationary sounds?

Right now I got a BK7m attached to it for accompaniment purposes but each time I change the patch on the P1 some sound gets changed on the BK7m.

Thanks.