Video Files on Forum ×

Change default tone on Casio CTK-5200

I have never seen a CTK or WK keyboard that powers up to anything other than the "001 Grand Piano" tone, and I have never seen one that offers a custom "Power On" set-up option. If this WERE a feature of the CTK-5200, I would expect it to be covered in the manual, but I do not see that. Do you have the CTK-5200 connected to a computer that is running software that could be changing the tone as the CTK-5200 comes up ? If so, try disconnecting it from the computer and powering it up. If it comes up to Tone 001, then that is your problem. If this is not the case, then you most likely have a corrupted operating system. Back up any User Data that you may have on the keyboard and perform a factory reset as shown on Page 8 of the manual. If this does not resolve the problem, then you either have some kind of defect, or the CTK-5200 is designed differently than any other CTK I have ever seen.

As an interim workaround, you could set up everything you want and save it as Registration 1 in Bank 1. The keyboard defaults to Bank 1 on power up, so all you would have to do is press the Reg 1 button, and you will have what you want.

Best of luck !

• 4 months later...

Matt

Since Daniel never got back to us, we have no way of knowing if he ever resolved his issue.  I strongly suspect that he did not.  I just went through the manual again and can find no procedure for changing the default power-up tone.  The fact that your CTK-5200 is doing the same as Daniel's leads me to believe that this is probably not a "hardware defect" but more likely an annoying engineering design flaw or oversight.

I hope you enjoy your CTK-5200 regardless of this annoyance.

Regards,

Ted

• 1 year later...