Dave Weiser's New Piano Presets!

Kenny Ingram

I second the E bass.... Stanley Clark, Jimmy Haslip, too

How about A bass - Ron Carter, Dave Holland, Eddie Gomez, Rufus Reid, Miroslav Vitous, etc.

AP - Fazoli, Bosendorfer

EP - Chick (I know Yamaha actually sampled Chick's Rhodes and is including it, blah, blah...)

Guitar - Pat Metheny (obviously, you could have several ones there, also his guitar-synth)

It's great to get the input, but please know that several of those items are a tall order, especially the Fazioli and Bosendorfer. You'd probably need sample sessions for each to do 'em justice.

(I use a custom 8-strike Faz recorded at Abbey Road on all of my Broadway shows. Lovely sound - but required a mountain of time, work and resources.)

I actually have something like the Chick Rhodes mocked up in a Kurz sound set I'm selling right now. I originally created the custom sound for Weird Al's keyboardist, Ruben Valtierra (an amazing player). I could probably do something similar on the PX.

For basses I'll have to see what's in the PX to work with. The nature of the samples will determine what types of flavors I could squeeze out of 'em, which sounds will work better than others, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...