Video Files on Forum ×

How do I loop a phrase within a performance?

powertrader

Thanks for responding Brad.  Now, is it possible to record this phrase and have it associated with a particular performance number?  Also, can the keyplay be isolated to just one key that triggers so I can play other parts without triggering the phrase?

Thank you for your help!

PowerTrader

thanks for working with me.  So, is it possible to have a loop or phrase running while in performance mode, using the 4 zones for other tones for performance?  Like a sample loop or phrase?  I am trying to figure out how to get about 5 or 6 different parts out of the keyboard during a live performance.

I found it, holding the keyplay button pulls up the phrase menu.  

Ummm.....I thought I said that up there.....  :D 

Press and hold KEY PLAY for HOLD and LOOP options.  

And could you elaborate on this......

Ok, so I enter the phrase, how the heck does the phrase stop get inserted?  I see it in the performance P-01.  But, Can't figure how to put it in the synthesizer?

Geoff

Not sure what you are asking.  

I was looking at the preset performance.  There is a phrase set with multifunction key and then another key that stops the play of the phrase.  I think I read that that stop phrase key is automatically assigned when I am creating the multi-function key settings.  My question was concerning how I designate that stop phrase function which I could not find in the function menu.  However, it appears to me to be automatic?

A steep learning curve here for a guy that has never messed with programming a synth.  I am trying to create a performance that I can use for my band live.  Need brass, synth, loop sounds, and a couple of phrases all within the performance so I can focus on playing the different parts.  This may not be the synthesizer for that, although I believe it will do everything I need to do and then a whole lot more.  Just have to figure out how to tell it what to do.

Another problem I have been facing is when I insert the phrase into a multi-function key I get some other tone?  Once again, I am a complete Rookie at synth programming.

Thanks,

Geoff

The stop key is automatically assigned based on phrase 1 or phrase 2 being used and cannot be changed.  

Regarding tone,

With the multi-function keys, the phrase plays either on mixer part 1 or part 5 and 6.  This is determined by the PLAY PART setting.  

The phrase will use the tone assigned by the mixer settings for those parts.