Video Files on Forum ×

downloading

mrmusic

• 6 months later...

Mike

Pages 59 thru 62 of the WK-240 Owner's Manual give instructions for connecting the keyboard to a computer and for setting up both to communicate with one another.  In particular, the table in the left hand column of Page 62 shows the type of data that can be exchanged, while the right hand column gives instructions for downloading the Data Manager software and installing it on the computer so that it can communicate with the keyboard.  To save you some time poking around in Casio's webpages, here are the direct links to the Data Manager software and its User's Guide download pages:

Data Manager 5.0 program:          http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=71   (Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the  [ I agree ]  button.)

Data Manager 5.0 User's Guide:   http://support.casio.com/download_files/008/DL/DATAMANAGERE1C.pdf

Casio has not updated the User's Guide recently, so it does not list being for the WK-240, but these are the downloads recommended for it by their webpages.

The WK-240 is MIDI Class Compliant, so it will work with the generic drivers that are built into Windows.  No other driver installation will be necessary.  Just "Plug-N-Play".

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Mike

Pages 59 thru 62 of the WK-240 Owner's Manual give instructions for connecting the keyboard to a computer and for setting up both to communicate with one another.  In particular, the table in the left hand column of Page 62 shows the type of data that can be exchanged, while the right hand column gives instructions for downloading the Data Manager software and installing it on the computer so that it can communicate with the keyboard.  To save you some time poking around in Casio's webpages, here are the direct links to the Data Manager software and its User's Guide download pages:

Data Manager 5.0 program:          http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=71   (Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the  [ I agree ]  button.)

Data Manager 5.0 User's Guide:   http://support.casio.com/download_files/008/DL/DATAMANAGERE1C.pdf

Casio has not updated the User's Guide recently, so it does not list being for the WK-240, but these are the downloads recommended for it by their webpages.

The WK-240 is MIDI Class Compliant, so it will work with the generic drivers that are built into Windows.  No other driver installation will be necessary.  Just "Plug-N-Play".

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Great!

Thank you for your help.

Another question, where I can find new tone to download. I did some search on the Casio website with no luck.

Thanks again for your help tnicoson.

Mike

While the WK-240 has a very basic "sampling" feature that will allow you to create your own "tones" (so to speak), it can not load additional pre-set tones (like the factory pre-sets), because it has no "User Tone" memory.  See that table on Page 62 of the manual to see what types of data can be loaded into the WK-240.

By the way, so that you do not feel too bad about the tones, I have three Casio boards that DO have User Tone memory, and should be able to load new tones, but there is a real scarcity of them.  There are a few member submitted tones here on this forum, but even though Casio provided some after market rhythms, they never did the same with after market tones.  So, unless I want to sit here and spend "playing" time designing my own User Tones, that User Tone memory pretty much goes to waste.  Tone "sharing" is just something that has never caught on in the arranger market like it has in the synth arena.  I did have an XW-P1 for a while, and there are quite a few member submitted tones for it (even some from Mike Martin), but they will not work in the CTK/WK units that I still have.  I really liked the XW, but it spent most of its time just sitting here gathering dust, as I am primarily an arranger workstation person, so when a friend made me an offer for the XW that I could not refuse, I let it go, and have been sorry for that more than a few times since.  Oh well !  Like Joni Mitchell says - you don't know what you've got till it's gone !

Regards,

Ted