Video Files on Forum ×

PX-350 knocking sound when white key was released

Jus84

Hi,

I brought PX-350 last December and i just realize some of my white key when i press down and release. I can hear a very obvious knocking sound. The sound was not from the speaker. It was from the keyboard inside.

I also tried to check all the white keys and also the black key. Found out that almost all the white key had the knocking sound when i released. Some sounds soft and some sound very obvious. For the black keys all have no issue.

Wanna find out from you all guy out there is this a digital piano defect or it is just normal. Because this is my 1st play digtal piano.

Hope you all guys can give me advise on this issue.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I was reading posts "online" about this, and the answer seemed to be the quality/type of felt Casio uses for the key rebound damper.

As a side note: I like to find out as much information I can about any big $ items I purchace, so I looked up the address/phone number for the service center in my area. I gave them a call to find out if they had been getting any 350's in for service. The "owner" said that he didn't know, as he had "service people" in back to do that work, but he said that he had just gotten a Service Update Memo from Casio regarding the 350. He read it for me. "....if you have any

PX-350's come in, call Francis first". It didn't say anything else and I didn't ask who Francis was, but if a 350 came in, Francis was called first. ?????

Wonder if there is a serial number range that Casio is looking for, to see if maybe it would be better to just send out a new one instead of fixing the old one. Who knows.

Hi,

I brought PX-350 last December and i just realize some of my white key when i press down and release. I can hear a very obvious knocking sound. The sound was not from the speaker. It was from the keyboard inside.

I also tried to check all the white keys and also the black key. Found out that almost all the white key had the knocking sound when i released. Some sounds soft and some sound very obvious. For the black keys all have no issue.

Wanna find out from you all guy out there is this a digital piano defect or it is just normal. Because this is my 1st play digtal piano.

Hope you all guys can give me advise on this issue.

Thank you.

All keys have a strong knocking sound for me too.

Only solution is to turn up the volume or wear headphones.