Video Files on Forum ×

Small problem with reset...

One more quick question, guys.

I disabled "Auto Power Off", so, it's not as big-a-deal as it was. However, I'd like it to keep a 'Local-Off' setting after powering down.

Is that at-all possible?

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅[[][][][][][][][][][][][][]|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

The Local Control setting is not stored as part of the default Power-On, Auto-Resume, or Registration feature.  It is initialized by the Initialize - All or the Initialize - Parameter Only function, but I believe this only initializes it to ON if it is off at the time of initialization.  The manual is not very clear on this at all.  Perhaps there is a user here who has had some experience with the Initialize commands.  I would try this myself, but would have too many hours of restoring my user data if it got deleted.  Sorry !

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry it took so long to respond. I had a couple of out-of-town gigs - completely distracted.

When I came back, I noticed not only would it not hold my option for "Local - Off", it did not retain "Auto Power - Off".

The first, I expected. However, auto power should be a user defined function - always.

I'm a little disappointed. Casio should know that there is NO REASON a device should power down unexpectedly.

Tsk. Tsk. Shame on them.

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅[[][][][][][][][][][][][][]|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

I just tested this on my CTK-6000, CTK-7000, and WK-7500 and they operate the same as yours.  So, it is not a defect with your unit.  Apparently Casio intended disabling Auto-power-off to be only for the current "power-on" session, and once you power down, Auto-power-off is re-enabled and needs to be manually disabled again.  Something tells me this was done to keep the environmentalists at bay.