Video Files on Forum ×

Fixed velocity on some sounds?

sercik

Hello,

I believe it's possible.  I think it has to be done at the Tone level.  Select the zone you wish to edit with the Zone + - keys. Then

[Edit] > Tone > Amp > Velocity Sense [0]

I think setting the velocity sense to zero under the Amp envelope settings will maintain the volume no matter how hard or soft you strike the keys for that tone.  

• Like 1

Hello,

I believe it's possible.  I think it has to be done at the Tone level.  Select the zone you wish to edit with the Zone + - keys. Then

[Edit] > Tone > Amp > Velocity Sense [0]

I think setting the velocity sense to zero under the Amp envelope settings will maintain the volume no matter how hard or soft you strike the keys for that tone.  

Thank you, I think you are right, but I really don't understand why there are negative values?!

The negative values allow an opposite response.  The harder you play the quieter the sound.  This can be useful for bringing out different sounds depending on how you play.  Playing at an even velocity perhaps strings and harp sound at the same level.  Play harder and perhaps the harp gets emphasized and the strings get even quieter.  You have the creative option to do whatever you want.