Video Files on Forum ×

function arpegiator or hormonizer on tracks B1-B16,, help,, help

Hi all, I have a 7600 WK .. I started recording tracks  .. I start the system track,, only with left hand chords,, don´t  add anything .. then when I want to add an arpeggio or harmony in the same track (track A1-A16 system), I can not, because I have to type the chords again from the beginning.

I try to do that, using the  ""punch in""   function  .. I wanted to add arpeggios on the A1 track, but I had to finger chords again from the beginning

I wanted to add the arpeggio in the individual track (B1), but the arpeggio function or  harmonizer function  not apply to these tracks (B1-B16)

I do not know if I'm doing something wrong, or maybe really the arpeggiator and harmonizer not apply to tracks B1-B16

can someone guide me? ..

thank you very much

"cap"

As you have already discovered, you can only record the Arpeggiator to the System Track (the "A" Tracks).  The Arpeggiator is assigned to Track A05, while the Auto-accompaniment Rhythm (the drums) are assigned to Track A10, and the Auto-accompaniment Bass and Chord voices are assigned to Tracks A11 through A16.  These are a function of the keyboard's operating system, and can not be changed.  Also, recording to the System Track (the "A" Tracks) is a "one shot" process.  You can not add or overdub to the System Track.  Any subsequent recording to the System Track will erase and overwrite any previously recorded data on ALL of the "A" Tracks.

To do what you want to do, it is usually easiest to start with the ONE-TOUCH (EASY REC) method as described on Page 68 of the manual.  You don't even go into Song Sequencer mode at this point.  Just set up everything you want on the keyboard - voices, octave shift, rhythm, arpeggio, etc and press the RECORD button.  Play the Auto-accompaniment chords with your left hand below the split point as you play the arpeggio chords with your right hand above the split point.  If you use an ENDING, recording will stop automatically and be saved when the ENDING is finished.  Otherwise, press the START/STOP button to stop recording and save.  This gives you your rhythm, accompaniment, and arpeggio.  Now, if you want to add a melody line or some pads, etc, go into Song Sequencer mode and add them on the "B" Tracks.  See "Recording Individual Tracks" on Page 72 of the manual, EXCEPT do not start recording by "playing something" as stated in the manual.  Start recording by pressing the START/STOP button and begin playing the new part when you reach the correct point in your song, but in doing this, recording will not stop automatically when you reach the end of the song.  You will need to press the START/STOP button to stop recording.

This should give you what you want.  You are just recording everything in a different order, BUT you must keep one other thing in mind.  At first glance, it would appear that you have a total of 32 tracks to record to - 16 "A" Tracks and 16 "B" Tracks, but that is not really correct.  The "A" Tracks and "B" Tracks share common space in the Song Sequencer's memory, so you can only record to a total of 16 tracks.  You must make note of what tracks you have already recorded to when switching between "A" and "B" so as not to overwrite previously recorded data.  In the example I set up for you, you have already used Tracks A05 and A10 through A16, so you will not be able to use Tracks B05 and B10 through B16, or you will overwrite your "A" Track data.

Best of luck and enjoy !