Video Files on Forum ×

Using PX5S as a controller - half damper?

Halion76

OK thanks Scott.  Can I just ask you one other quick question in here rather than starting another thread.........

myself and another PX5S user have been discussing the difficulty in triggering some articulations in MOXF patches when using the PX5S as a controller.  I know the likes of MIDIOX can sort this when using a DAW but when just using the PX5S and the MOXF it is virtually impossible to trigger these articulations that need high velocity.  I tried changing some settings on the PX5S before but still no joy and I feel like I am committing ABH on the PX5S - just not natural at all.

It's a main gripe for both of us.  Obviously it's not feasible to go in to adjust velocity on every patch on the MOXF but can you tell me everything that is possible to do on the PX5S to allow users to hit a 127 velocity without taking a sledgehammer to the keys!!

Thanks again for all your help.

Ok - the first thing you may want to try (and this is a longshot) - turn high-res MIDI off on the PX-5S if it isn't already. It's just a hunch...

The other thing to know is the PX-5S will send the same velocity values regardless of the settings in inside the patches - it's just how a MIDI controller works.

One other thing is to remember velocity is speed, not force. So hitting the key quicker, not harder is the way to get the max velocity. 

• Like 2

I never have an issue with getting to 127 and I am a weakling.  Set system velocity sense to "light" and it's super easy.  

I'll def have to get this sorted in that case.  I'm not a "weakling" :D  but I struggled to trigger velocity articulations in VSTs.

Will report back from A&E when I give it another go :)