Video Files on Forum ×

PX-5S version of Nord 2 Worship sounds

emman.sayson

Yup - what Mike said: The PX-5S comes pre-loaded with so many good piano / pads that really make it sound like angels singing! The PX-5S is, in my opinion, the perfect keyboard for praise and worship. It even looks the part - very classy white with black and blue accents fits right in to the church setting.

You will probably find several in the presets like Mike mentioned. and then there are a bunch more in the download area of this site. 

Your congregation will love it!  :)

• Like 1

When you haul it out of the box, update to the latest re-ordering of sounds on the download section. Go straight to hexlayer 0-5 (called "the way it is"), on the key at the top right ("advance/+10") press a few times to change the piano layer to "GnPno Modern", then advance the slider S1 about 1/3 off stop, and advance slider S2 about 1/2 off the stop. Add sustain pedal as desired. It will sound very similar to the first sound on the Nord demo. ONLY BETTER. I almost bought the Nord Stage 2 before grabbing the Px5S. (couldn't find out how to shove the batteries into it). no regrets. Have fun.

• Like 1

I also play in a church, and with my PX5S i have fantastic sounds!! I can use different beautiful piano, organ, string, pad and so on.

Some of stage setting that i use from Casio Music Forum download are:

Hexpiperorg

Weddingorgan

Churchorgan

On a bank I use:

Zone1:Slowstring (By Mike Martin) - Zone2: Octave string (by Mike Martin) - Zone3: Warm Pad - Zone4: Gran Piano Mdern

(with Pedal 2 like expression/volume for Zone1, Zone2, Zone3. and Slider 1-2-3-4 to control manual volume)......the result is fantastic!

Symphonic by Mike Martin's STRINGS! pack, Slowstring and Octavestring (from Casio Forum download) are perfect to play in church.....incredible sounds!

In Casio Forum there are so many beautiful piano sounds to downlad like:

Reverbgrand

Grand Movie

Piano&Strings

BalladPnLyr

RachaelBalld

Shaneinate2   and so on

in PX5S

Illuminated

Maximillion  etc.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot d.gatti,

This will help me a lot. I also setup 4Zones4Slider with warm pad and octave string, digitalEP and grandpiano modern and use damper pedal for sustain.
But sometimes the sustain is not enough for the piano sound to be expressed.

I found GrandPiano Modern the best piano sound I need among PX-5S piano tones. I will try to download the piano sounds you mentioned.

Do you know Terry MacAlmon?, I love the piano sounds he is using in his worship songs.

You're welcome!

When sustain is not enough for the piano sound, try to increase the Reverb on the slider 6 for example.

I didn't know Terry McAlmon, I listened to some of his songs now....beautiful songs.

You can easily reach that kind of sound.

GrandPiano Modern is a beautiful sound.

There are a lot of Piano sounds also in Casio Forum including those I mentioned.

When you find a piano sound that interests you, you can customize it as you like.

Have a good day!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

"Some of stage setting that i use from Casio Music Forum download are:

Hexpiperorg

Weddingorgan

Churchorgan"

Hi i, m trying search this sounds and i can´t find them. I,m new with px5s. Are they stage settings factory or downloaded ones?

Can you help find that please? If you have them can you upload it?

thanks