Video Files on Forum ×

Auto Harmonizer

Paul

Auto-Harmonize is an adjunct to, and therefore an integral part of, the Auto-Accompaniment feature.  A single momentary press of the Auto-Harmonize button turns it on, and the display will indicate that it is on, but it has no real effect until Auto-Accompaniment is also turned on.  Yes, the keyboard needs to be split, but Auto-Accompaniment does this automatically when you turn it on.  See Page 28 of the CTK-6200 manual.  Note that "Using Auto Harmonize" is under the "Using Auto Accompaniment" section of the manual.  This is about the only clue you will get from the manual that you need to turn Auto Accompaniment on for Auto Harmonize to work.

Now. let's say that you want to spread the StreoGrPiano voice across the entire keyboard and have the chords you play with your left hand automatically harmonize the melody notes you play with your right hand, but you do not want the Auto Accompaniment rhythms and tones droning in the background:

Press the SPLIT button to split the keyboard and note that the display defaults to the D bank of bass tones for the left hand (below the split point).

(As long as SPLIT is turned on, the top line of the display indicates the current left hand (chord) tone, and it can be changed at any time with the data wheel of +/- buttons.)

Press the A (Piano) button in the TONE selection section at the right of the keyboard's front panel.  The default tone in the A Tone bank is the StreoGrPiano tone that you want.

If you want a different tone, select the correct TONE bank button then use the data wheel or +/- buttons to select the desired tone.

(A different right hand tone can be selected at any time by momentarily turning SPLIT off, selecting the right hand tone, then turning SPLIT back on.)

Momentarily press the Auto Harmonize button to turn it on.  Then press and HOLD it and select the type of harmony you want.  Press EXIT once to return to the home display screen.

NOTE: In the above step, do not go beyond Auto-Harmonize selection #12 or you will turn Auto-Harmonize off and turn the Arpeggiator on and select an arpeggio.

Momentarily press the Auto Accompaniment button to turn it on.

At this point, you have what you want, but with the Auto Accompaniment tones droning in the background.

Press FUNCTION.

Press the right arrow ( > ) button once to go to Page 2 of the FUNCTION menu.

Make sure "Volume" is highlighted and press ENTER.

Make sure "AccompVol" is highlighted and use the data wheel to turn its level down to zero.

Press EXIT twice to return to the home display screen.

If everything is to your liking, save the setup to a registration for quick/easy recall in the future.

You may want to move the split point up about 6 half-tones to give yourself a little more room for your left hand chords. (Press and hold SPLIT as you press the key immediately above the desired split point.)

With the above procedure, the right hand harmony notes will only sound as long as the left hand chords are being held down and will cease as soon as the left hand is lifted.

If you want the right hand harmony notes to "hold" when the left hand is lifted, press the START/STOP button and note the its light is flashing.  In this case, the right hand harmony

notes will "hold" until the right hand is lifted, but they will continue to use the harmony of the last chord pressed with the left hand.  You must keep this in mind to avoid dissonance.

The above procedure even works with Casio single finger "easy" chords.

Good luck and enjoy !

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi   I just bought a WK6600 and have tried repeatedly to get the Auto Harmonize to work  with the instructions they give.

I even called Casio and they could not figure it out.

So I am going to try this and many thanks to you for sharing this Paul.     I will let you know if I am successful.  :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...

i have the final way to do it.

just i let you know a quick way to understand it.

1.- press accomp on/off

2.-press auto harmonizer

3.-let pressed down any left hand key (the ones inside of accompa area)

4.-play with right hand without raise any of the left hand finger on the key. (keep pressing)

5.- while your left hand is pressing some keys, the auto harmonizer will work, when you left hand leaves or finish of pressing any left hand key, the auto harmonizer will stop and will sound a normal key without aut harmonizer effects activated.