Video Files on Forum ×

Celviano and Privia Pedal Sizes

Among my list of requirements as I search for  a new digital piano is;  the pedals need to be FULL sized.

I have always felt that the pedals on my px-800 were too small and spaced too closely together.  I have contacted Casio several times about this, and the answer is always the same.    There is no difference in size between the Privia line, Celviano line or an acoustic piano.        But my feet strongly disagree.

Today, at long last, after much too much searching - 8 months worth-  I found my answer. 

Yes, my feet are right, the pedals of the Privia line of pianos IS NOT a regular piano size, in other words, smaller than acoustic piano pedals.

I found the answer accidently on a website called Digital Piano Reviews. ( erpiano.wordpress.com )   The review that was posted Feb.1, 2013,

comparing the Privia px-850 vs the Celviano ap-450.

Now both of these dps are quite similiar and rated very well,  but for the difference in pedals.  The Celviano pedals are described as : " Gold (Regular Piano Pedal Size)" while the Privia pedals are described as:  "Silver (Smaller Than Acoustic Piano Pedals)".

Based on this information,  I must conclude, since I have not read anything to the contrary, that the new Privia px-860 still has the undersized pedals,

which means I will have to search for another dp.

The px-860 was my first, and at this point, only choice. Now I need to decide whether  I can live/play my px-800 for another couple of years or do I brake the

bank and go for a major up-grade with another line/make of piano.   Sighhh!