Video Files on Forum ×

vocal processor on WK 7600,,HELP

hello.

I have a question about something you want to try on the WK 7600,,

on this keyboard i can connect a microphone, to which they can apply all DSP effects it brings and burn audio record mode. .. But I want to do the following .. will buy a vocal processor,, (boss ve-5),, my idea is to connect the microphone to the processor and the processor to the WK, so that the effects of Boss are heard in the keyboard and also i can record the audio mode with the track,, I do on the keyboard,,, anyone know if this can work ?? or if the audio mode does not apply?

I know of no reason why what you want to do would not work, as long as the drive level to the keyboard's audio is high enough, but not over driven.  One thing to keep in mind though - as you chain audio effects processors (analog or digital) together, you can run into aliasing, so you may get surprised if you try to add the keyboard's effects to the signal from the vocal processor.  Even though the Boss VE-5 is not as expensive as I would have guessed, $250 is still not chump change.  I would not invest in one for this project without checking first on the return policy, in case things don't work out as expected.  Now, since you are willing to invest in a vocal processor, I have to agree with what Gary (happyrat1) replied in another post to you, since you have already experienced problems with the WK-7600's audio recorder.  You might want to invest a little more in a decent USB-Audio front end for your PC.  I don't know what is going on with Lexicon, but right now, the prices of their entire USB-Audio interface line have really been slashed, or you might want to consider a stand alone recorder - not a hand held pocket unit, but a console model with some discrete EQ controls and maybe some effects of its own. Those that record to a CD or hard drive are still pretty pricey, but those that record to solid state media are fairly reasonable and do not suffer the plight of keyboard audio recorders.  The problem with keyboard audio recorders is a matter of insufficient processor power (time).  The average keyboard processor is pretty much stretched to the limit as it is - generating who knows how many tones, add some convoluted effects processing, and now throw in some Windows type file management duties trying to find bits and pieces of available storage space all over a fragmented USB flash drive.  Add it all up and the answer is glitches.  Processors in stand alone recorders have one thing to do - record - period.  Some of the better units that add effects have separate processors for effects and recording, but here again, those get a bit pricey.  If you want audio files of your work that you can play back on the 7600, this would be no problem.  You just copy the finished files to a USB flash drive with the PC.  There should be no glitches as you play them back as playback is a lot less demanding on the keyboard's processor than recording.

BUT . . . then . . . there is always Gary's exact suggestion - simply patching the 7600's line outs directly to the PC sound card's line ins with the appropriate adapter cable.  Your results there will depend on the quality of your PC's sound card.  OH ! By the way !  The Boss VE-5 has an XLR mono output and an 1/8 inch stereo output, but don't plan on patching the stereo out to the 7600's stereo aux line in and recording it in stereo.  You can play it through the 7600's Aux-in, but none of the CTK/WK-7XXX units will record from the Aux in.  I think Casio did this to keep the plagiarism lawyers at bay.  I think the don't want to be accused of marketing units that make user plagiarism easy.

Good luck with this, if you decide to go ahead with it.