Video Files on Forum ×

Pedal 1 Not Activating Rotary Effect

rockinroller

I am a newbie Casio-er, having taken up with a new PX-5 a week ago.  I am a touring musician and am attempting to set up Stage Settings so that I can access them quickly and easily for certain tunes.  I am having trouble getting the pedal (plugged into the "Pedal 1" port) to activate the "Rotary" slow-to-fast effect on the organs.  I would guess I may have accidentally changed a global setting for that pedal perhaps?  It does auto-function as a sustain pedal on various other settings, so I know the pedal works and the input for that port is not defective.  I went into the "Tone Edit" aspect of my setting and it's set to "Drive Rotary". Under "stage" edit, and "pedal 1", it's set to "Toggle".  Is there anything I can adjust to make the pedal activate the Drive Rotary from fast to slow and vice versa?  THANKS.

ONE MORE QUESTION IF I COULD:  When I download sounds off this site on to a flash drive and attempt to upload them into the PX-5, where are they located to listen to when they are saved into my machine?

ONE MORE QUESTION IF I COULD:  When I download sounds off this site on to a flash drive and attempt to upload them into the PX-5, where are they located to listen to when they are saved into my machine?

They aren't anywhere on your PX-5S until you actively save them there. You get to choose what Stage Setting slot in which they get stored. See this thread for more info.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4778-tutorial-how-to-install-px-5s-downloaded-files/

As far as the pedal and rotary, I'd have to think about that. I've not had an issue when it was set up, but it's been a while since I've messed with it. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a better answer.

• Like 1

Sounds like you are close with the pedal settings.  The other thing to check is...

Edit>stage setting>common edit>pedal 1>target> ....check that the speed or brake parameter is assigned here.  

Note: BRAKE and SPEED will only show up in the list using the px5 screen and will only be in the list if the rotary dsp has already been added to a tone.  I've never been able to get the data editor to show dsp parameters by name.

If that fails, try the other factory rotary organ stage settings.   Some of them have rotary on the pedal already.  Also, double check your pedal is indeed plugged into pedal 1 socket.  

rock, this is similar to the issue I just described in my "Sky Full of Stars" post.  Go to the effects section on the left, press the DSP button and see what it says the effect is for that Stage Setting.  If it does not say Drive Rotary or Rotary there, then the Speed option will not be available for the pedal assignments.  Basically it appears the Stage Setting DSP is the one that controls the assignment options for controllers not the Tone DSP.  Yes, a strange bit of architecture...but I guarantee you, if you are a sound geek who likes to getting into nitty gritty, there is nothing better than this keyboard.  The level of detailed parameters to manipulate is unbelievable.  It's like a fun puzzle every time I try to figure something out and only rarely have I not eventually found a way.

There are 3 effects sections.  

1) DSP 

2) System

3) Master

"DSP" effects are insert effects.  You can have up to 4 insert DSP effects at once.  One on each zone.  

The DSP effects can be accessed in two ways.  

1) In tone edit mode...or, 

2) Directly with the DSP effect button.  

It's the same effect either way you access it.  

When editing effects and controllers, you have to keep in mind what Zone you are in.  If you are in zone 3 and you edit the DSP or pedals, you will get the DSP effect and it's parameters for zone 3.   If you do this for Zone 1, you get zone 1 DSP and so on.    

Weird:  I went to the Target options and it was defaulted to "DSP Param 12".  I scrolled through EVERY option for the window and neither "speed" or "brake" parameter was an option to select.  What's up?

1) Select the zone with organ and it's DSP effect using the zone + - buttons.

2) Press the DSP button and double check that Drive Rotary is there.

3) Exit out and (make sure you are still on the Rotary zone) Press Edit>Stage Setting>Common>Pedal 1>Target>Brake and Speed will be there if all is well. 

Note: The only case where these names won't appear is if the pedal is in conflict with another zone's DSP effect.