Video Files on Forum ×

Wave file input through USB

steadphil

Forgive my ignorance, as I've just bought the px5, is it possible to play wave files of a recorded acoustic guitar, save them as phrases, and play them back using a key to trigger them. Or does the USB just playback audio recorded onto it directly from the px5. I've managed to get the USB to playback midi so I know the USB stick is working, and downloaded new stage settings, just wondered if it was possible to do this with audio files ? Many thanks for any assistance on this

You can put pre-recorded audio on a USB drive and have the PX-5S play the audio - but you can not "play" the wav files like samples.. It simply plays back like an MP3 player, but you can use a foot switch to start and stop the audio so you may be able to make something work.

BTW= The audio files MUST be named TAKE01, TAKE02, TAKE03, etc, etc.. and MUST be saved in 16 bit, 44.1khz format.

Hello, I am excited to start using my new Casio Privia PX 350 to play for our church choir.  I purchased an MP3 file from an online service.  After reading the Casio manual, I converted it to a .WAV file and put it in the AUDIO folk of my USB drive (TAKE01.WAV).   I get a "no file" message.  I can play the file from my computer just fine. 

I converted the MP3 file to WAV using an online server, Zamzar.   A previous post says "MUST be saved in 16 bit, 44.1khz format"  However Zamzar doesn't tell me anything about format used.   Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

FYI I used a small USB drive and formatted it on the Casio. 

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Hello, I am excited to start using my new Casio Privia PX 350 to play for our church choir.  I purchased an MP3 file from an online service.  After reading the Casio manual, I converted it to a .WAV file and put it in the AUDIO folk of my USB drive (TAKE01.WAV).   I get a "no file" message.  I can play the file from my computer just fine. 

I converted the MP3 file to WAV using an online server, Zamzar.   A previous post says "MUST be saved in 16 bit, 44.1khz format"  However Zamzar doesn't tell me anything about format used.   Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

FYI I used a small USB drive and formatted it on the Casio. 

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

I am guessing it saved it in something other than 16/44.1. Try downloading something like Audacity that gives you control over the format. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see a video(if someone would be kind enough to make) of creating a wav file in garage band on an iPad and then saving it to usb, and then using it in px5s to play along with...not savvy in this area and I feel like I would majority screw something up....even a simple demonstration video would be helpful