px5-s stand options?

horse

Any recommendations for stands to use with the privia pro? I need something that will give sturdy support for the px5s at piano seated level, and also arms to hold a 5 octave 2nd tier (only light - roland vr09). Will only be used at home, so portability not an issue.

I'm based in the uk, so guess that may influence what options are available to me.

Thanks in advance for any advice

I have the same keyboards as you! :-) I have a K&M 18880 & 18882. it is a great stand, lightweight & portable and no X frame to get in the way of your pedals. (It should particularly suit you as it is a very stable stand....... ;-) ) However, as you do not need something light & portable you may find something else which is cheaper.

Whatever you do, do NOT get the Proel SPL152 .....It is unbelievably bad & annoying...... :-(

• Like 1

Thanks very much guys, that is just the type of advice I was hoping for. I've joined the fb group and will take a look.

@knuckles - have you done anything interesting in terms of combining the 2? I'm interested in seeing how the vr09 piano works when played via the px5s keyboard, but haven't tried it yet.

• Like 2

I've used a Deltex 2-tier which has lasted for years, on gigs and a home, still have it. Very strong-even holds my 50-pound keyboards and small footprint for small areas (important in places I've played-once had to sit behind the bar perched up on the freezer cabinet-very cool! :P Could have been an electrifying experience. DUH! I also have a very solid Z-type stand but not the Quiklok-much sturdier, very easy to set up and take down. Unfortunately I cannot find this particular stand anywhere now-eB** or Ama** is not showing it except the link below.  It looks like the model Z-29 listed on eB** but this is the one I have-if you look closely, you'll see this is a much more solid stand-but I'm not sure it can be fitted with a second tier, it comes as a single, but extremely solid and stable. This is the only listing I could find for it. I just bought one a few months ago and it was at the same price as this auction. 3-pieces, takes apart with two twist knobs on the crosspiece. Will hold an elephant.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-Z-Type-Collapsible-Keyboard-Stand-Model-KS29-/321698243651?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae6b5a443

I have two ON STAGE KS 7150 stands (road/home-studio)

...good option for a single board (street price $80 US)

https://on-stage.com/products/view/116975#parts

I also have this adapter that I use occaionally: .On Stage KSA7575

..a Mic Attachment bar that work with these stands.

..add a gooseneck, and you don't need a floor stand for a mic.

https://on-stage.com/products/view/11983/117177

Hi Horse. I find those two keyboards make an excellent combination. I mostly use the Vr09 for organs - which it does really well, and the PX for pretty well everything else. I am using them in a ska band and a function band. I have not used the PX as a  controller for the roland - if that is what you mean. My grip on technology is a bit tenuous ATM so I tend to keep everything simple. Besides, I want the unweighted keys for my organ playing. I am sure you will be delighted with this combintiaon.

BTW - I  got my stand from Thomann. Good luck in your search. :ph34r:

Hi Horse. I find those two keyboards make an excellent combination. I mostly use the Vr09 for organs - which it does really well, and the PX for pretty well everything else. I am using them in a ska band and a function band. I have not used the PX as a  controller for the roland - if that is what you mean. My grip on technology is a bit tenuous ATM so I tend to keep everything simple. Besides, I want the unweighted keys for my organ playing. I am sure you will be delighted with this combintiaon.

BTW - I  got my stand from Thomann. Good luck in your search. :ph34r:

I've gone for a similar setup from the same place :-) looking forward to delivery

I have two ON STAGE KS 7150 stands (road/home-studio)

...good option for a single board (street price $80 US)

https://on-stage.com/products/view/116975#parts

I also have this adapter that I use occaionally: .On Stage KSA7575

..a Mic Attachment bar that work with these stands.

..add a gooseneck, and you don't need a floor stand for a mic.

https://on-stage.com/products/view/11983/117177

Do you have a picture of where it attaches? I have the attachment bar on my x-stand and it goes through one of the support bar holes (also one for the iPad that goes over the hole).  I don't see where that would fit in the table stand.

I've just bought the Konig & Meyer 'Omega' stand... Best stand I've ever had! Not an X-stand, so loads of room underneath for your feet and pedals, and it's completely customisable so you can add an extra tier for a second board, ipad/laptop holders, mic stand etc. Worth every penny, and Amazon have a deal on at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...