How to send midi patch change to devices from XW-P1

Monaro

Hi there, 

I am wanting to sync all my midi gear to the XW-P1 so by changing the patch number on the XW they all changes at the same time.
So I can change patches on all gear simultaneously from the XW.
If this can be done, how would I do this?
Any assistance would be great :)

• 2 weeks later...

G'day, I was just fiddling with the MIDI settings myself with a PC. If you download the XW-P1 manual from Casio and check out the settings under Performance Mode (page E-66), there are upto 16 External Out channels for sending 'each part' to an external device... Set "MIDI OUT" to ON to send midi info through the MIDI connection at the back or you could send it via USB instead. 

Also you may need to experiment with the 'General Settings -> MIDI' ...   Set Device ID's, basic ID channels for PerformNRPN, S.SeqNRPN etc. I guess you would also need to set the XW as the 'Master Clock Generator' for the SYNC Mode as outlined on page E-70. Casio also has a MIDI Signals Document for download on the downloads page for the XW, if you wish to delve into that.

I hope this has been helpful...  What have you tried doing thus far? 

Cheers, good luck!

• 5 years later...
On 3/26/2015 at 11:42 AM, Brad Saucier said:

I know you can select performances on the XW from external gear but I don't see a provision in performances for customizing program changes sent to external gear.  

I know this is old, but in case anyone finds themselves here via a  google search (as I just did), the information on how to do this is at https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=56

• Like 1