How to perform onstage with the PX-150?

morphiah

First off, I'm a bit of an amateur with keyboards because I've used an acoustic upright piano for most of my life. Now I'd like to take my PX-150 onstage at various open mics and performances to accompany myself while I sing. What I'd like to know is, is there any way I can connect the PX-150 to the sound system of the venues I want to perform at? Or do I have to just put a microphone in front of one of the speakers of my keyboard? I checked the back of the keyboard and didn't notice any ports besides the headphone port and the MIDI port.

Yeah, it's just the headphone port as described on page E-6 of the manual. http://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/008/PX150_EN.pdf

You'll need to provide the venue with a way to connect to the stereo jack. Remember, this will also mute the internal speakers so you will either need to provide your own amp to listen with or the venue will need to put the keyboard adequately in the monitors.

Some venues handle you giving them stereo than others. You might want to talk to the sound person ahead of time if you can.

• Like 1