Video Files on Forum ×

another long shot.

ok, as the title suggests I doubt anyone will be able to help me with this, but i'd like to run it past you, just in case anyone has any ideas.

WK7600.

i'm in an 8 piece soul/disco band, it's hard to hear myself and the backing vocals , (mic through keyboard) clearly so I have earbuds running from the phones up to the mic stand and then over to my ears. it helps but all the cable are something of a drag.

my local music shop quoted me EUR1000 for a wireless headset!

I saw an American website that was touting a 3.5 MM jack Bluetooth transmitter! only 37 dollars! so I ordered it along with a Bluetooth earbudset and a 3.5mm to 6 mm jack adapter. thinking that Bluetooth would be fine, I mean the 1000 euro job has to transmit from the mixer, maybe 10 meters away, whereas from my keyboard phones outlet to my ears is only a meter.

it all arrived today and the problem is latency, like almost a whole second, means it's useless!.

I've probably wasted 100 euros but if any of you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

thanx!

Radio waves travel at the speed of light (300,000 km/sec), so the human brain would not be able to detect the difference in travel time between one meter and 10 meters.  Both would "appear" to be instantaneous to the human sensory system.  The latency you are experiencing is typical of many (most ?) Bluetooth devices and occurs within the devices' circuitry (analog/digital and digital/analog conversion time), not in the travel time to a "paired" device, but I fail to see what all this has to do with the WK-7600.  If the latency were occurring within the WK-7600, then you would hear it in the WK-7600's speakers and in any headphones that were connected to it via a cable.  The latency problem did not appear until you brought the Bluetooth device into the mix.

• Like 1

thanx for the reply

it's posted here under 7600 because that's what I have. but I see your point perhaps I should have posted this elsewhere.

so Bluetooth is radio waves?

is the 1000 euro job also radio waves but has a better analog digital conversion rate?

These days, "wireless" typically means "radio", but it could also mean optical, although that now is normally referred to as optical.  The 1000 EURO headset would be radio, but whether or not it suffers the typical Bluetooth latency, I can not say.  If it uses the same analog/digital-digital/analog transmission scheme as Bluetooth, then there could be some latency, but it could be a straight analog system, in which case there should be no latency.  If it is analog, the precaution is to determine if it is AM or FM.  If it is AM, it would be subject to electrical interference, both man made and natural (electrical storms, etc), but if it is FM, it would be fairly impervious to that type of interference and should have no detectable latency.  Most of the better analog wireless devices today are FM.  Like anything else, the more you pay for something the better performance you should be able to expect, but 1000 EURO seems like a lot of money for a wireless headset.  I would certainly check out the return policy before investing the money, in case it does not meet your needs.  You might try posting the make and model on the "gigging topics" section of various forums to see if you can get some first hand reviews and opinions before investing.  I hope you can return the Bluetooth device you got.

Good luck !

• Like 1