Video Files on Forum ×

SMF Type 0 Build, Upload Perform on XW-P1

anthraxtacide

;) G'day all and thanks for contributing to this plethora of knowledge regarding the Casio Synths. I bought the XW-P1 last year and was completely daunted by the depth and versatility of Casio's contraption, not having any idea on what I was really buying. But I know Casio has been building digital keyboards for years and have heard from many people in the industry that they usually sound better than the rest.

My biggest problem is I have no idea how to play it, but i'll persevere...  I've been searching the forum for more detail on how to things. A big thanks to Patrick for the huge post on how to upload WAV files via the Casio XW Data Manager. 

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

Patrick

Audio files placed on an SD Card for the XW-P1 are Casio proprietary audio files.

Q.1)   I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on how to create a SMF (Standard MIDI File) type 0 / or type 1 (*.mid) that will be compatible for upload to the XW-P1 ? :rolleyes:  

Q.2)  If this is possible are you then able to play normally over the MIDI output with all the functionality of the Synth?   :blink:

Q.3)  I noticed upon playback of my sample .WAV file - that I was restricted to only using the solo synth tone category? There is no mention on capability during file playback in the manual on E-72 or there after. Could I edit the default synth tone? 

Thanks again for anyone who may answer these questions, unfortunately i have run out of time to look through http://www.casiomusicforums.com/ for an answer....  

If someone knows of a document, thread or video about these things - can you please let us know?   CHEERS  :D

Thanks again all! Happy Jamming ! B)

What is it you want to do with the wav file?  Do you want to play over it, or use it as the source of a keyboard note? There are keyboards that are designed to use a wav file and play it using the keys and pitch shifting the tone over the keyboard... but not the XW-P1.  The prob with doing this is that pitch shifting a tone stretches it beyond natural intonation when shifted more than a few notes.  The DAW named Reason has a module that allows you to do this thru your keyboard, but it works best by loading tones or samples every few notes to keep the stretching to a minimum.  I have a Korg microSampler keyboard that does that... and there's prob some apps for the iPad that does that also.

if that is not what you want to do.... never mind.