Bad Scratching of Display Screen.

I have only had my WK 6600 for just over a week and despite treating it tenderly there 

are fine scratches all over the display screen even in areas I have never touched. 

I would like to tell Casio that I am truly disappointed that they chose such cheap material in a much used area.

Even fine computer cloths or the softest brushes cause scratching.    I am afraid to go near the area .  But it 

does collect a lot of dust.  

Have others found this same problem?   I do not believe there is any way to remove these fine scratches.  :(

There's a reason why people buy and use dust covers and road cases for their keyboards.

If you're spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on gear you want to protect it from greasy fingers and the elements when they are not in use.

Don't blame Casio's designers for this.  This is your own fault for leaving your keyboard unprotected.

Gary ;)

Try this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Novus-1-2-3-Combo-pak-2-oz-3-step-Polish-Restore-Plastics-Like-New-/140853045419?hash=item20cb7ee8ab&vxp=mtr

I've used this on many plastic screens to remove small scratches, most electronics manufacturers use plastic screen covers, Casios are no worse than any others i've used.

Novus is about the best I have found, jeweller's rouge is also good but be careful with it, its pretty coarse. The Novus is a little less abrasive. I've also used Brasso but this is messier to work with-it's a liquid and the Novus polishes are a thicker consistency paste.

Have you considered using screen protectors such as used on tablets and smartphones? If you can restore the screen, might help to preserve your work. I've also used automotive polishing compounds but the Novus is about the same. The #3 Novus can really get out some nasty scratches. I've also use #2 on solid color plastics if the finish is old and faded, does a nice job to restore stuff.

And happyrat-absolutely right. there are many reasons to keep stuff covered. Rather spill my chili dog on a keyboard cover than on the keyboard-it kind of changes things in a not good way. Definitely makes it feel different.. :P

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

As I stated   "despite treating it tenderly "   and covering it when I am not playing.  I am the only one playing and treat it very very kindly.

The material is poor.   It was brand new.   I noticed the scratches and took it back.  I got another unopened box and the second 

on was scratched within the week despite  tenderest of treatment.  

The material used on the screen is plexiglass, which is very strong but can scratch if not cared for correctly. Being this isn't a touch-screen, you shouldn't have to wipe it at all.. just a blast with some compressed air. 

I am struggling to figure out how you scratched the screen on the second one within in a week despite all the TLC. Something must have come into contact with it. Do you have a nosy cat?

My suggestion: Get one of those cell phone screen protectors from the dollar store. 

• 8 months later...

I just don't scratch my screens! Can't say that any of mine have picked up scratches since I have had them. I look after my gear for sure, but don't handle them with kid gloves. They are meant to be played after all.

Also, something must have touched/ been dragged over these screens to cause these scratches. They don't just scratch themselves out of thin air.

MaryAnneR  is talking about micro scratches. If the light is right, you will see them. All plastic production runs may vary in density. I would like to see what mobile phones use, glass, to insure clarity and long screen life.

Edited by Caps
Unable to product regular text, this comment is on for bold, please delete.

MaryAnneR is perhaps talking about micro scratches. If the light is right, you will see them. All plastic production runs may vary in density. I would like to see what mobile phones use, glass, to insure clarity and long screen life.

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2015 at 5:57 AM, Brad Saucier said:

I have an XW-G1, MZ-2000 and PX-5s....No problem with scratches here.  Use a cleaning cloth for eyeglasses.  

My battle-worn WK-1350's screen is STILL alive and it's 18 years old.

I don't know what everyone else does, but for ME, I just claim NOT trying to DO anything HARMFUL to it, in the first place.

• 9 months later...