CT610,anyone else had one of these?

This was my first electronic keyboard, bought used in the 90s (it was originally out around 1986)

Pretty basic compared to what we have now and it weighed a ton! But it was pretty cool.

Apparently this gold colour was rare, but its exactly what mine was like.

FB_IMG_1653691178851-01.jpeg

Edited by CeLvIaNo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
3 hours ago, 3Dee said:

Does this CTK Casiotone 610 Keyboard have weighted keys?  Going to maybe buy one off Craigslist.  Thanks

s-l1600-39-removebg-preview.png

99% unlikely. It's a home keyboard, and to my knowledge no home keyboards of that era (or any era for that matter) had weighted keys. I'm pretty certain that weighted keys are a piano dedicated feature, so you would have to look at dedicated electric pianos to find them, i.e. Casio's Privia line. 

Also that looks to be an 80s CT model in your picture, not a CTK. The CTK line came later in the 90s.

• 3 months later...
On 10/19/2020 at 7:54 PM, 3Dee said:

Does this CTK Casiotone 610 Keyboard have weighted keys?  Going to maybe buy one off Craigslist.  Thanks

s-l1600-39-removebg-preview.png

Hello there, I have this keyboard since 1985 and it s still playing as a new on 2021 after thousands of hrs playing on it. My father used to play with it also on gigs those days 🙂 Believe it or not its a very strong, durable product. Its keys feel more firmly placed than my brand new Ct-x 5000..haha..but as someone else noted, no it is not equiped with weighted keys, not even touch responsive. But if your aim to start learning its ok. I did my fisrt 4 years of piano on this one and I ve been ok with it.. But if you can save some money go get a new model man.. 

IMG_20210120_225315.jpg

• Like 2

I had one of these once, and actually it was this very same version! CT610 GOLD. It is a 61 key, METAL keyboard. There are other models that are similar in sounds and rhythms: CT605,CT620,CT310.CT430(this one has 8bit PCM rhythms),and many of the MT models we already know about here in this here Forum. The 405 would be another "like" model in terms of sounds and rhythms(fullsized version of MT65/68).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/23/2021 at 8:30 PM, pianokeyjoe said:

I had one of these once, and actually it was this very same version! CT610 GOLD. It is a 61 key, METAL keyboard. There are other models that are similar in sounds and rhythms: CT605,CT620,CT310.CT430(this one has 8bit PCM rhythms),and many of the MT models we already know about here in this here Forum. The 405 would be another "like" model in terms of sounds and rhythms(fullsized version of MT65/68).

Hello,

Could the CT-620 be an “upgraded” version of the Casiotone 610? [the CT-620 was launched in 1985]

Thank you in advance!!

42 minutes ago, Crisanto said:

Hello,

Could the CT-620 be an “upgraded” version of the Casiotone 610? [the CT-620 was launched in 1985]

Thank you in advance!!

Hi Crisanto! Bienvenido! The CT620 is more like the Casio CT606 and CT605. The CT620 has stereo speakers where as the CT606 does not. But the case design and electronics is exactly the same. Also the CT620/606 are the SAME color. The CT605 is a mixed light grey with darker charcoal grey parts. Your CT620 is rare here in the USA as is the CT606. The USA had the CT605 only. The CT610 came in 2 variations of case color but BOTH CT610 variations are still called CT610. The Gold and the Wood grain. But the CT610 is made of METAL and plastic ends. The CT620/606/605 are fully PLASTICO!! Also, the CT610 has a STEREO CHORUS. The CT620/606/605 do not. Sorry I did not answer you in the previous post but I had to research it first. Lol! You got my attention on the second post 😛 I have a feeling since you are in Spain, you will have access to some strange Casio models I can only dream of.

Hello pianokeyjoe,

Excellent info… Thank YOU so much!!!

it is really very interesting. The CT-620 appears for the 1st time in a Casio catalogue in 1985 [listed as «New»], and as far as I know, both the CT-605 and the CT-606 are earlier models…

So…, is it possible to know when did Casio stop production of the CT-620, and how many units were produced?

I tried to ask Casio about this question with no success so far…

Again, thank you very much and all the best from Galicia [North Western corner of Spain, at the very end of Europe, aka, Finis Terrae]