Advice

Cram

Hi there,

I've decided to buy a casio keyboard to play music. Right now it's more of a hobby, but I don't know how far I'll take it.

I have some experience with keyboards, but on PC. I wanted to bring it back to the basics as all the options in a software can overwhelm me.

My style of music will be Hip-Hop as in sampling style. Anytime I've been on software I also made long and slow tracks with dark sounds also.

My budget is about £100 (~$160) as I can't justify spending so much at the beginning. I'm also ok with buying used if I find a more expensive model.

Now to get to the point, I found a few keyboards on Amazon that I think will be suitable.

They are:

CTK-1100AD CTK-3200AD

LK-160AD

CTK-1150

CTK-2200AD

I wanted something with 61 keys and sampling ability.

I also want to know if it's possible to assign more than one sound to one key, as I've done that before with Logic years ago.

What do members think I should start with? Please also ask questions if you can, so that I can make the best decision.

Thanks

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'd like to have the option to use the keyboard with music software in the future. 

Hi and welcome to the forums. All of them will let you connect to a computer via the USB port but I don't think any of them will let you layer 2 sounds on a single key --- but that is something you can do by connecting it to a computer and using a software synthesizer with it. If you are learning to play, the  LK-160 will help you learn melodies and even full songs with the lit keys. -- Other than that any of the keyboards you listed are good starter keyboards, but you may outgrow them quickly so it may be worth saving up a bit more and moving up to one of the WK workstations or trying to find an XW (rare in the UK tho!). Good luck - let us know what you end up going with!