Video Files on Forum ×

BEST CASE FOR PX5S

Skyscrapersax

Hi, first post...

I'm ready to buy my PX5S and need to choose a case.  Kraft music bundles the keyboard with the Casio Privia case, so it's essentially free.

I use a Gator gig bag for my 49 key Axiom Pro midi controller, and it's well padded....  Gator makes the GBK88 Slim, but its still 4 inches wider, two inches longer, nearly an incher taller, twice the weight (7 vs. 3.5 pounds), and probably not free, unless Kraft will substitute.

One of the things I'm going to do with my PX5S is busk, so I'm looking to keep the weight down as much as possible.  I'll be bringing my tenor sax as well, so every pound counts.

What is everybody using for a case?  I'm guessing wheels aren't needed,  Does the Privia case have as much padding as the Gator?  I'm not going to put this on an airline, but perhaps an Amtrak ovherrhead bin.  I'd like to use the Privia case if possible, due to weight, snugness and free considerations.

Thanks!

I use the Casio Privia case.  Works perfectly for me but I only bag it up from home to the car.  Padding is perfect for this purpose, very similar to the gator cases I've had.  If I were to take it on a train, I'd probably want a hard case.

I use the Casio Privia case.  Works perfectly for me but I only bag it up from home to the car.  Padding is perfect for this purpose, very similar to the gator cases I've had.  If I were to take it on a train, I'd probably want a hard case.

The Gator padding is sufficient for Amtrak overheads, where nothing is placed on top of the keyboard.  You can also put one on its end in the bulkhead.

I'll be driving with the case here in my home state, but taking subways in NYC.  So, walking around, subway or the car will be my primary use. 

Sounds like it's enough? 

Are there any straps, like the Gator cases?

Thanks.

Are there any internal straps, like the Gator?  They hold the instrument in the case, keep it from moving around, and protect it.

I'm guessing the Privia case doesn't have these, as it's fit is probably very snug and they are not necessary.

Correct?

Esh and Skyscrapersax, I bought this exact combo last month, from Teclacenter (http://www.teclacenter.com.br). The bag is from Casio, and the stand is from a brazilian company called Stay (http://www.staymusic.com.br/). Everything is being sold for the price of the PX-5S alone, so it was a steal (considering musical instruments prices in Brazil are ridiculously high).

The bag is nice, I used one when I had a PX-3. The stand looks really nice, but it's not very stable, it bounces too much. It is still usable, but I'm looking for a more stable alternative, weighing below 5Kg (the stand weighs around 7Kg).