Video Files on Forum ×

WAVE Files not transferring to SD Card in Data Editor.

psychedelic B

I am trying to load some wav files onto my SD Card through the Data Editor software, and have been unsuccessful. Although, I have my wav files in the correct location to be transferred from the left pane to the right pane, nothing happens. The files were made available in the left pane by clicking the Preferences tab, and then the Audio tab-the recommended method on this forum. I click & the drag the item and am unable to drop it in the right pane. Nothing happens. Some of the files are complete songs of various tempos, and some are samples. The files are 16bit 441khz files that were created using FL Studio. The latest firmware has been installed on the XW-P1, and the I am running the latest version of Data Editor on my laptop and desktop. I've even tried with the P1 connected via USB, still nothing. Also, I put the SD Card in the P1 just to see if the files had been been transferred over, and there were no files available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, unrelated; my P1 was in storage for about six months, and was left standing upright. Today when I pushed the Play button, no sound was heard. The keyboard played notes, but the play button would not work in perform, tone, or step seq. mode. I did a Factory Reset, and Voila. The Play button works again. Hope that helps someone.

Thank you.

B

maarkr making me think. I seem to remember a post somewhere around here about the data editor only allowing a specific .wav file format. There are several formats that are used by various software programs. On page 24 in the data editor manual (not the XW-P1 manual) it describes the formats needed for the Casio. With 16-bit it needs to be linear pcm unsigned although it doesn't specify whether mono or stereo is needed. it also states that the .wav files cannot be read from the card to the computer while it is inserted in the XW-P1 although that doesn't sound like what you are trying to do, or is it? In other words, the data editor will see the files on the card and transfer into the XW, but if the files are in the computer, you can't transfer those to the XW directly, or to the SD card with the datat editor-you must manually copy them to the SD card first with a card reader, then use data editor to transfer to the XW. a little confusing as one might think the process should go .wav file on computer>card>XW-P1 seamlessly with the datat editor but it doesn't.

Another cryptic statement from the data editor manual states "even if a particular .wav file satisfies the above format, it may not be able to be converted properly due to other reasons"-it doesn't say what the other reasons are! if you rebooted the XW-P1 with the SD card in, it is possible it did something to the SD card format. it shouldn't but it is possible. Try re-formatting the SD card (with the XW-P1 format function, not your computer formatting) if nothing else works. I know from experience, the XW is very fussy about the .wav format it can read.

• Like 2

maarky, apparently FLS has discontinued the option to export files as a mono file..

Thank you.

Jokeyman123, after using an external SD Card card reader, and reading page 25 of the Data Editor manual, I pressed the refresh button as it recommends and was able to transfer the wave files to the SD Card. Unfortunately, the P1 only plays a millisecond of the file and stops, makes a periodic clicking sound, then an error message appears on the screen of the P1 that reads: Error. Noise Test. Press exit. The error message appears on all but 1 of the files. The XW-P1 manual does not list the error message that I received. Any advice, anybody?

Thank you

Sounds like a compatibility issue-that the XW-P1 cannot read this type of wav file-there are unfortunately for us different 16-bit and 8-bit .wav file formats. This type of clicking is familiar to me-this is what happens when a wav file is incompatible with whatever is trying to play it-I've experienced this with software. One possibility-google "awave studio" which is a progam I've used that can convert any music/audio file format to just about any other format, including several versions of .wav files. Might seem like alot of trouble but it might work. If you know a better wavfile converter that can convert from one wav format to another, try that. But Awave is about the best I've found. Also converts many different specific keyboard file formats.

• Like 1