Video Files on Forum ×

New Member and Possible WK-7600 Purchaser

Hello All,

I am seriously considering purchasing a Casio WK-7600 and I thought this would be a good place to read about all things Casio.

I currently have a Korg Poly-800 that I purchased in 1985 to play in a band where I already played guitar.  I thought it would add an interesting sound to the band, and it did.  Now I am thinking about upgrading. :)

I will probably be learning here more than posting here but I have already learned some things as a lurker.  This seems like a good place to get a Casio keyboard education and I am glad to be here.  Thanks!

Ogie

• 4 years later...

See discussions in this sub-forum:

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/forum/17-wk-75007600-ctk-70007200/

Anything said about the CKT-7200 applies equally as well to the WK-7600.  The CTK-7200 is the 61 key model and the WK-7600 is the 76 key model.  All else is identical.  The same applies to discussions of the CTK-7000 and WK-7500, with the exception of the onboard equalizer in the newer models.  This also applies to discussions of the CTK-6000/6200 and WK-6500/6600, which are nearly identical, but with fewer tones, rhythms, registrations, DSP capabilities, and user memory slots, and lack audio capabilities.  In other words, all of these models use the same sound and rhythm engines, so in these two respects, whatever applies to one, pretty much applies to all.

If you have not already done so, I recommend searching youtube for the above models.

You may also want to browse through the CT-X sub-forum sections and acquaint yourselves with the latest offerings with the latest (vastly improved) sound engines.  The models I have mentioned in this discussion are more of less the predecessors of the CT-X models.  So, along with the vastly improved sound engine, many (most?) of the other features of the CTK/WK models, mentioned here, have carried over to the CT-X models, with the exception of the 76 key models.  To date, all of the CT-X models are limited to 61 keys.

P. S.

Hmmm!  I just visited several retailer sites to check the current availability of the WK-7600.  If you are interested and want to check the specs, get the official specs from the official Casio site, not from the retailers' hype.  They've got it all wrong.  They're touting the lesser specs from the lesser priced models for the WK-7600.  The WK-7600 has 100 User Tone slots and 100 User Rhythm slots, not the 10 and 10 of the lower priced models.  It also has 16 banks of 6 registrations, for a total of 96, not the 8 banks of 4 for a total of 32 of the lower priced models.  Grrrrr ! ! !  Doesn't anybody ever check anything for correctness anymore?

• Like 1