GM Piano probably missing.

XW-Addict

Long story short there are two GM Piano's in the PX5S, And three in the XW-G1 and let it be that I get a kick out of GM Piano 3 

from the G1 which I was looking for in the PX5S for which there was none. The possibility to get close to a CP-ish piano is in that

third GM Piano 3 as the tone numbering on the G1 is a bit odd with the GM piano's 1 to 3. I've found that GM HonkyTonk comes 

after GM Piano 2. 

I've got the similar thing once with slap guitar 2 on the G1 and that nicely got resolved so if Casio would not mind and have that 

GM Piano 3 in place of the GM Piano 2 or have it added as GM Piano 3 I for one would be an happy camper. GM Piano 3 is the 

one sound finalizing it nicely. 

CP-80.  It's an electric piano tone and in the corresponding bank on the PX-5s.   "GM E.G.Piano"   

Not quiet right in comparison with GM Piano 1,2.  GM E.G Piano sounds more in tonal a tweaked layered piano then as the GM Piano variants on the PX5

so it sounds as a very different piano type then GM Piano 1 2.

GM Piano 3 on the G1 totally different it sounds like an electric piano as expected it also falls out in tonal difference compared to GM Piano 1 and 2 which sound a bit similar on the G1. Which make GM Piano 3 stand out.

Perhaps it's the translation but, I am confused.  Are you sure you are on the correct tone? 

XW-G1 "GM Piano 3" = PX-5s "GM E.G.Piano"  They sound identical.  

Aah you're right select category I wasn't looking at the right tone setting, Confusing part is its sits in the Electric piano tone select of the PX5S with the clavs , EP and mallet sounds. I though you confused the place of the GM Piano in another category :). To me this one seems to be on the wrong spot in the PX5S.

Case closed :)

Actually, it's in the odd location on the XW-G1.  Casio has historically placed the CP-80 tone in the Electric Piano category.  But the G1 does not have category buttons so....

So... the ordering still seems odd as on the G1 all piano sounds follow suit a set such as Piano Pad - GM Piano 1 - GM Piano 2 - Honky Tonk - GM piano 3. 

Notice the ordering as if Honky Tonk accidentally got switch with GM Piano 3 out of order, As like someone did not pay attention for the sound library. 

Then after the piano follow the clavs followed by the EP's. Bare with me on this I have a crush with order of things :).

Still think Casio should move GM E.G Piano to the correct spot.

Just in case this is the problem: you can't go by the instrument bank buttons and then the tones that show up by scrolling through the windows.  These are mixed Midi banks and programs categorized roughly by instrument type - though your instrument of choice may be in there, it may not be where you would expect. To be consistent within a single bank, the selection has to be made by a Midi Bank and Program Change Command.  All of GM are on Bank 0.

on the Px-5s:

Bank 0 Program 0 = GM Piano 1

Bank 0 Program 1 = GM Piano 2

Bank 0 Program 2 = GM Electric Grand Piano

Bank 0 Program 3 = GM Honky-Tonk

In the GM standard, Honkey tonk is the 4th patch and the E.G. Grand is the 3rd patch - just as it is with the PX.

If you review the User Guide (Tutorial), all of the bank and program assignments are listed from page E-42 and on.

• 4 months later...