Problem loading stage settings

PianoManChuck

I was using firmware v1.10 for the longest time and finally decided to update to v1.13.

Since updating... whatever stage setting I'm in (ie: 90), I go to load a new stage setting from the USB thumb drive into that bank.  It used to always go into whatever bank I was in when I loaded the new stage setting.  Now, no matter what, it *always* loads (and overwrites) in 00 no matter what!

I can't have that, so I went back to v1.10 and guess what?  Its still having this problem!  Everything was fine prior to the initial update, but now it seems permanently broken no matter what firmware version I use.

Any advice?

Ok - now I see.... underneath the stage setting name (on the LOAD menu) that's where you put what bank you want it.

Never had to do that before... it always defaulted to whatever bank I was in (so much easier).

You went back to version 1.10  :blink:, I've been looking for that version like ages still. Would like to have that one for A/B comparison would you mind sharing that version.

Unfortunately, going back to 1.10 did NOT undo that problem.  I apparently had a version of 1.10 on my computer that I restored from that was a newer revision of whatever was in my board.  So now I'm stuck - I mean it works, but I would much rather be able to go back to the way things were before I ever decided to upgrade :(

The update corrected issues in the firmware.  You may never have had those problems but you never know when it might have crept up on you.  It's best to be updated.  As far as the bank location thing, it's possible that this was part of what needed changing to correct bugs.  Issues with loading from the USB drive were corrected at one point. 

There were a few bugs in 1.10.  Don't go back.  Upgrade to the latest 1.13.  1.10 had problems retaining loaded or changed state setting tones after power down for one.  As far as the default going to 0-0, this was always the case.  I believe if you make edits and Write the stage setting from the keyboard menu, it retains that stage setting number you just worked on if you then load in a new one.  Otherwise if you just load in a stage setting cold from USB, the default number is 0-0.  If I recall correctly, that seems to be how it's always worked for me.

• Like 1