Video Files on Forum ×

Play full range chord in step sequencer mode

PauloAlves81

If the XW-G1 is identical in this to the XW-P1, in step sequencer mode I recall you have to use a specific track designed for playing chords instead of inputting monophonically. i think it's track 9 on the XW-P1 but I don't have the XW in front of me. I seem to remember that I was able to input chords on other tracks too, just not the solo track and drum tracks but I could be wrong, haven't done that in awhile and this is one of the more complex parts to the XW (the step sequencer) since it is capable of doing so much.

• Like 1

Jokeyman was referring to recording chords into the step sequence.  Yes, that is possible as he mentioned.  

As far as playing along with a step sequence.....  

The XW series does not have an auto-chord system like those on your WK.  You won't be able to use chords to alter the rhythm pattern.  The XW does, however, have a "key shift" transpose system.  The step sequencer playback can be transposed on the fly by pressing the corresponding note in the lowest octave.  This performs differently than the auto-chord sensing system.   The chord type will be predetermined by what was recorded in the step sequence pattern.  If a major chord was recorded, it will always be major...minor will be minor...etc, etc.  

• Like 1