Video Files on Forum ×

Changing the tone of Casio Chords

Lyni

I would like to change the tone of the Casio chord section to match the piano tone of the right hand so it sounds more natural.  I've tried following the instruction book directions, but it doesn't seem to work for me.  Any help out there with step by step directions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been reading the manual, but haven't started to experiment . . . 

If I understand things correctly, "auto chording" only works if Auto Accompaniment is turned on.

So it's reasonable to assume that the tones used to fill in chords, are the Tones specified in the Auto Accompaniment that's being used.  And that -- illogically -- is the same as the Rhythm that's being used.

As well as percussion tones, the auto-accompaniment "Parts" are Bass, Chord 1, . . . Chord 5.

The editing processs is described in the User Manual, page E-21 thru E-23.

. . . You can save the edited Auto Accompaniment as a "User Rhythm".

This isn't slick, or easy.  But it seems that Casio _does_ let you decide which Tone you want to use for chordal accompaniment.

My experiment will be to edit one of the stock Rhythms so that all Parts are assigned to Grand Piano, and save it as a User Rhythm.   

. . . And if I select it, and turn on Auto-Chord, and I hear _only piano tones_ in the chords, this will become a Solved Problem.

Anyone else is welcome to try it first.

.      Charles

Further experimentation:

If you select one of the "Piano" rhythms, and "auto-chord" is turned on, and the "Accomp On/Off" light is _on_:

. . . Before you press the "Start/Stop" button (before the the rhythm is started), you get synth (string pad?) chord tones;

. . . After you press the "Start/Stop" button, all tones are Piano tones.

I wish I understood this better!  Maybe I should stick to Bach and non-automated blues?<g>

.      Charles