Video Files on Forum ×

DOWNLOAD LUDDITE QUESTION - WILL IT OVERWRITE OR OR-EXIST?

I just received my PX5S, just in time for the Forum to go down...

Anyway, I want to try downloading something, but I don't want to overwrite anything!

Is there a quick and painless primer on this stuff?

If I download a new (for example) piano sound, will it overwrite the existing sound (which I don't want to do)?  Or, will it have it's own new name and space in the memory?

Thanks...

- Jeff

Any sound you install in the PX-5S will overwrite whatever was in that location before that. However, you can download the default Stage Settings and reinstall any or all that you want back.

In fact, get the updated ALL file as it's a better set of Stage Settings than the ones it ships with.

It depends on whether you are downloading a tone or a stage setting. If it's a tone, you can easily put it in a user location (ones starting with the letter U) and you won't be overwriting anything. These locations (U : 20 and on, in the piano category) simply contain GrPnoConcert, the same piano as is in location P : 00, the first stage setting, 0-0.

If you download stage settings, you have to replace any of the 100 factory stage settings, but you can always fetch the old factory settings again, one at a time or all, as Joe points out. I personally like to use the Electric Piano stage settings in bank 1 for user downloaded stage settings, and keep all the piano stage settings in bank 0 intact.

The factory stage settings are intended as templates, the user can change to his/her own liking, and even substitute his/her own, though a lot of the factory settings are very good - out of the box, as it's called. One more thing, you are never replacing every sound in the PX-5S, unless you give the Load - All command.

• Like 1

I made one 1,5 years ago (wow is it that long?) It is made from the original order (not the alternate order) of stage settings, and you can both find Excel and PDF versions, links in the comments.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4919-a-list-of-stage-settings-and-their-zones/

Edit This is only the stage settings, with information about what is on each zone and whether the zone is on or off, by default. There is a list of tones in the manual.