How are you cleaning your PX-5s?

Esh

I haven't bought a PX-5s yet because I can't stand the blue/white motif and I'm hoping the next model Casio comes out with will be a different color and finish. I have also noted that most of the criticism I have read of the PX-5s in magazine reviews is with the plastic finish. I'm not looking to start a debate about the finish of the current PX-5s - it is what it is.

But as I've gone to music stores in my area, I've noticed that the PX-5s units that are on display look terrible, especially around the power button. Obviously people with grimey hands are responsible, but the flat white plastic finish of the PX-5s seems to really show dirt easily.

My current DP's are black and easily cleaned with a microfiber cloth, so what are you PX-5s owners using to clean your keyboard, especially around the power button and sliders?

I also keep my hands and instruments clean and in top condition, but my digital pianos are all black or woodgrain so it's easy without soap/water.

I have two Yamaha keyboards that came in silver and the acid in my skin from normal contact erased some of the button lettering. Has anyone had skin acid affect the finish of their PX-5s?

I've had the PX-5S for over 2 years and haven't had to take soap and water to it ever because of my preventative measures --  I was listing what to use if it does get dirty. No issue with the lettering coming off or any signs of wear and tear.. I will say one very cool thing about the white color: It takes on the color of stage lights and even some of the colors of it's surroundings -- So rather than sticking out like a sore thumb, it blends in very nicely with the setting. 

Casio is not alone to produce a pro digital instrument in white - Yamaha and Korg have done it and many other companies have produced smaller MIDI controllers in white.

I can see that white would pick up stage lighting, not to mention that the control knobs/faders probably stand out better on a dark stage. Interesting that Casio does not produce any other white pro-level keyboards.

As I said initially, in pro reviews of the PX-5s it was the color and finish of the instrument that drew the most criticism. And anyone can walk into a music store and see how the PX-5s looks today after sitting on the showroom floor compared to other non-white instruments.

I would bet the next gen of this model will be a different color and finish altogether.

Interesting that Casio does not produce any other white pro-level keyboards.

Well they currently only have three (maybe 4 if you count the Px-350) boards that I would call pro level stage boards so there's not much to compare it to, but if you look at the entire line over the past few years they have had a ton of colors: off hand I can name red, blue, gold. Champagne, orange, white and of course black.

Mine still  fresh I have a nice dust cover and be sure no food around the key's don't want to spill something and murdering the keys off " tho.

The only thing bothering me is the dust between the keys for which I use a cotton ear tip to clean. .. ah wel its only natural since it hops rooms and places.