Video Files on Forum ×

Ah..go on tell us..hired or not?the deadline has passed.

Go to solution Solved by Mike Martin,

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

"I WON't be back. Because I never leave!"

jjmed3.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

Again, not sure how this news affects us end users...Sorry, i am loyal to Casio, but don't get it.  I'll bow out of this..

Can't we be happy for Mike is getting some much deserved help for his tireless efforts over the past 5 or 6 years? Mike has gone far above and beyond for us countless times to help us out on nights, weekends and holidays. It's not always about "us". 

• Like 1

Can't we be happy for Mike is getting some much deserved help for his tireless efforts over the past 5 or 6 years? Mike has gone far above and beyond for us countless times to help us out on nights, weekends and holidays. It's not always about "us". 

Sure, but how would I know that Mike is a one man operation?   I am just saying that the big news, is an employee at Casio, but WE, the ones that use the keyboards and products, are the ones that need to benefit.  If Casio was short of help, then I am glad they hired someone.   Now, if you are telling me that as a result, more of our questions will be answered, then I can see the connection there.  But there's no new product, no new upgrades, yet it's big news.  I have seen Rich's videos..he's a product marketing guy.. I get that. 

And sure, I happy for Mike.  I really do not want to come across as an ass, but if I fail to see the excitement, then it's me that doesn't understand why.  Maybe if you explained it better about Rich, I can then be excited as well.  As I mentioned, I am a customer, and currently own Casio products, and shortly, I will be getting my PX5 as well.  So I am NOT against Casio, in fact I want Casio to thrive...so again, I apologize if I seem a bit crude lately.

In a nutshell, the addition of Rich to the team takes the load off of Mike for trade shows and product demonstrations allowing Mike more time to do the heavy lifting of creating tutorial demos and in depth support work.  Mike was an integral part of the design teams that created the XW series and the PX-5S.

NOW do you get it? :D

Gary ;)

• Like 1

Two words come to mind: "Dream Team!"

Mike is fortunate, Casio is fortunate, we are fortunate.  As for Korg... they must be bumming!  :o

True Scott who will fill rich's shoes at Krog?

Now i'll tell you it's not going to be easy for rich as casio's play and work much diffrent then any korg in or out of the market as of this day.

Not saying rich cant handel it, i know he can beeing from a band back when he had long hair and face hair. (he cleaned up nicely).

Given rich has a bit of programing skills im realy excited to see what he comes up with if he has the chance.

For the most part.. This is going to get VEARY INTERESTING in a fun way.

Go Rich Go!

Now like Huge posted about Bert S, I have been a big fan of his demos heck, he could sell water to a fish.

I would love to see him demo a G1-- he can use mine if that would help  ;)

Before i bought the Xw-G1 last year i was looking veary hard at the Krog Krome, but just could not part with the going price at the time so i got the G1 and it was even better then i thought it would be.

But if i had the desposable income i would have went with the Krome.

Larry

In a nutshell, the addition of Rich to the team takes the load off of Mike for trade shows and product demonstrations allowing Mike more time to do the heavy lifting of creating tutorial demos and in depth support work.  Mike was an integral part of the design teams that created the XW series and the PX-5S.

NOW do you get it? :D

Gary ;)

At least someone was able to provide an answer that makes sense.  I am new to the forums and FB group, so I am not aware of the long struggles that Mike had over the years.  Come into it fresh, I just assumed Mike was the head honcho, and was doing what he needed for Casio.   Thanks though, for the info..makes sense, yes, i am glad for the addition and look forward to bigger and better things to come.

Also with all the social media that Casio has gotten involved in these days, as well as a rapidly branching and growing product line, Mike has been spreading himself pretty thin.  Not only is there this forum and the facebook pages, but Mike also follows and posts regularly in Casio threads on other forums like Sound on Sound and Harmony Central and I think even on Gearslutz.

Then he also maintains a couple of Blogs and posts regular video tutorials on the Casio channel over at Ustream.

While doing all this, he's also been jetting all over the world to every NAMM, Musicmesse and Bugtussel trade show that's come up in the last five years.

Rich is not only the hired help, but if Mike tries any harder he'll have to become Mike's full time nurse and caregiver :D :D :D

Seriously it's high time they lightened the load on the esteemed Mr. Martin.  :o

Gary ;)

• Like 1

I think Summer NAMM is coming up in TX this summer.  At least last year they held it in Austin.

Nope...

Just checked.  This Summer's NAMM is being held in Nashville TN. :(

https://www.namm.org/summer/2015

However, Winter NAMM is always held somewhere around Los Angeles every year so wait until January for the next one.

Gary ;)

Summer NAMM is always held in Nashville. You are thinking of SXSW which is held in Austin each year. Vegas is CES. 

Summer NAMM is always held in Nashville. You are thinking of SXSW which is held in Austin each year. Vegas is CES. 

Actually, Summer NAMM moved to Austin for a couple of years around 2007 or so. While it was really convenient for me, the East Coasters didn't like it as Nashville was close enough for many to drive and Austin isn't.

As far as trade shows, Mike/Casio does a lot of them. However, they're not all open to the public as they are often industry trade shows and they don't want everyone and his brother crowding up the place. Even NAMM is an industry trade show, though Summer NAMM has had the public day on the last day in recent years. I'm not seeing that on this year's Summer NAMM site, but I might be missing it.

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering if Rich Formidoni makes his debut at this upcoming Summer NAMM or not.

At the very least he could drop us a friendly "Hello!" here at the forum.

I'll be watching Youtube like a hawk this month for all the Casio related videos.

Gary ;)