Buzzing/rattling on my PX 330

I bought a used px330 and I've been experiencing a buzzing/rattling noise on certain keys. It was specific to a single key at first, but it has become progressively worse and seems to have migrated to more different keys. It's less of an issue when I use non-piano tones. Is this an easy fix or should I try to return?

Thanks

Right, we need to know if this is coming from the key's physical action, or from the sound samples. Either way, it seems like a malfunction. Since you say it is only happening with the acoustic pianos, there must be something happening with the internal sound samples. If there is a factory reset on the PX330, I'd try that.

Since you say it is only happening with the acoustic pianos, there must be something happening with the internal sound samples

Not necessarily. Certain tones contain frequencies that will cause a loose speaker to rattle. We just had a case with the PX-5S and Spacestation Speaker where only the electric piano tones would cause vibration on the speaker. Also, note he said it is "less of an issue" with other tones, so it is still happening. The fact that it is getting progressively worse and happening with other keys is the big clue for me.... :)

• Like 1

That may be true (I've taken mine apart and had to tighten the speskers internally and also added some aoustic damping material inside to alleviate the problem Scott has described. However.... forgot to ask something very important....Spidercan are you playing through headphones or the built-in speakers? Or are you playing through an external sound system? A little detail perhaps important!

• 8 years later...