Poll: interested for a midi-controller app?

Casio XW-G1 controller  

21 members have voted

1. 1. would like a (free) app for using the XW as a midi controller?

• Not interested
    • Yes please - For ipad
    • Yes please - For iphone
    • Yes please - For android
    • Yes please - For Windows/Mac/Linux

I didn't see any options for a PC based app.

I refuse to own any iJunk or Android Tablets.

Gary

Hi Gary ,

Midi remapper vst plugins already exists like pizmidi plugins (Edit: link not working,my bad)

https://code.google.com/p/pizmidi/downloads/list

Cockos Reaper DAW has also some midi vst,

Another option is the free ( but needs donation)

http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator/overview/classic

The concept is simple :

Transform midi CC to another. If you need help ,please ask :)

Thanks, but getting that stuff to run under wine in Linux is like pulling teeth.  50/50 chance whether or not it would even load.

I have my own primitive yet effective style when it comes to sequencing under Linux and I'm comfortable with it.

Thanks anyway.

Gary ;)

• 6 months later...

The concept is simple :

Transform midi CC to another. If you need help ,please ask :)

I guess I am very late to the party here.. the board software is messing up and bumping old threads. Anywho.. just wanted to point out to any new users: The XW-G2 DOES NOT send MIDI CC data via its sliders.. only the 4 knobs.  The XW-P1 can send MIDI CC via sliders in drawbar organ mode, and then they are hardcoded CC's. ie you can't assign them to other numbers. Still useful if your app has MIDI learn.. Carry on!

The XW-G2 DOES NOT send MIDI CC data via its sliders.

Scott,

I havent even unwrapped my G1 and there you are using your all new G2 !!! What's it like   ;)

Only kidding (well I think I am, and I assume that was a typo).

Whilst I believe I already knew the G1 didnt sent midi from the sliders, your post is a sad reminder that it doesnt do this. especially odd given that the P1's drawbar organ has 'some' ability to do this. Almost makes you think that different teams did different bits, and the drawbar organ team assumed that some data should be sent even though it was not part of the brief, whereas the other teams decided not to do any above and beyond functionality.

Hi Scott,

G1 does send midi CC via the sliders on mixer mode, remember? :)

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/5030-how-to-use-xw-g1-sliders-knobs-as-software-controllers-in-daw-virtual-instruments/

It needs CC remapping...

I finished the android/ipad versions via PureData and Mobmuplat. All the tweaks are mainly done via the synth and the app is more like a led feedback screen (useful for small smartphone screens). Need to make a background image and a video/manual). Desktop versions seems not needed since there are tools to remap the midi CC's.

Midi Learn will be different project .Now I work on adjusting the loop points (90% working)

• Like 1

Korakios, I know I'm a little off-topic but after studying these posts I am wondering if you are able to create any kind of editor/librarian/controller for the PX350 piano?

This has many CC messages that are not easily accessible via the front panel buttons. There is no software for the PX350 at all, unlike the XW-P1 and PX5s which at least have some software control. I have trying to find a way to design a program using the mid spec for the PX350 to control certain parameters such Efx, volume, pan and other sequencer functions that just do not exist through the front panel controls but are designated and exist according to the midi spec sheet for the PX350. I am not capable of designing something like this from the "ground up". and yes I would be interested in either or both a Windows and Android application for the XW although as already posted here, the XWP1 is capable of some degree of CC programming. And the Android midi specs are still a little "soft" so I would think it might be difficult to create anything that will work connected via midi, although I have had some success with "OTG" capable USB ports with certain Android tablets/phones-especially since some of these are now coming out with pretty fast quad or even octa-core CPUs.

Hi Scott,

G1 does send midi CC via the sliders on mixer mode, remember? :)

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/5030-how-to-use-xw-g1-sliders-knobs-as-software-controllers-in-daw-virtual-instruments/

It needs CC remapping...

I finished the android/ipad versions via PureData and Mobmuplat. All the tweaks are mainly done via the synth and the app is more like a led feedback screen (useful for small smartphone screens). Need to make a background image and a video/manual). Desktop versions seems not needed since there are tools to remap the midi CC's.

Midi Learn will be different project .Now I work on adjusting the loop points (90% working)

LOL! I barley remember this morning! Well shiver me timbers I gotta try that!

• 4 years later...